Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

Brian Clough Way

Ok as a Leicester fan I dispise F**est and D*rby as far as football is concerned, but on going to my sister's - who lives in Belper, Derbyshire - the other night, I drove down the A52 which links Derby and Nottingham - noticing that it has been renamed 'Brian Clough Way' !!

Despite hating these two teams, I admire this incredible football manager and have to say that he deserves having this road named after him.

Well done Brian - wish you could have been City's manager one day !!!!

Ok as a Leicester fan I dispise F**est and D*rby as far as football is concerned, but on going to my sister's - who lives in Belper, Derbyshire - the other night, I drove down the A52 which links Derby and Nottingham - noticing that it has been renamed 'Brian Clough Way' !!

Despite hating these two teams, I admire this incredible football manager and have to say that he deserves having this road named after him.

Well done Brian - wish you could have been City's manager one day !!!!

I couldn't think of anything worse than having the A52 between Derby and Nottingham named after me.

Clough was an incredible manager - think of what he could have done if he'd managed a proper football club! :rolleyes:

By the way the signs for this road were apparently made in Leicester - so all three of the region's main cities were involved in the scheme.

Archived