Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
breadandcheese

Weak Links in The Team

Lush, I'll be honest, I just don't know. It is the holding midfielder that is the problem.

I am now fairly sure that Hughes should be in the middle. He strikes me as having many of the qualities that Muzzy had/has (box-to-box, attack minded, comfortable on the ball, prepared to put the boot in & tackle, makes good runs, runs all day - although not blessed with the same natural stamina as Muzzy, etc). He may not be as talented a passer as Williams, or possess the same vision, but we cannot risk having our midfield overrun by someone who fails to impose himself.

With regards, the holding midfielder, I am at a loss. I would like to see Kisnorbo given a try in this position. See if he is capable, but again, he is an unknown quantity in that respect. We all know he is committed and determined so he should be at least on a par with Gudjonsson. Although my concern is that he is similar to Tiatto in making rash challenges. Either way, I'd like to see him tried for a few games in this position.

Mentioning Tiatto, he would also be interesting in this position, but his lack of brain makes this a problem, although his commitment and drive are faultless. I don't think he would do any worse than Kisnorbo or Gudjonsson. In fact, I think he could be quite good in the centre (If he keeps his head).

I guess it is very much a case of trying out different players. One thing for sure, I am not happy with Gudjonsson playing this role. I know he has been our best player this season, but do not think he is a good organiser or has the vision to read the game effectively.

I also have a problem with our HR position.

I think hughes is getting into the fitness of what CL sees as a starting place and comanding position as fron midfielder requires. If you notice, joey will run all day and all night, and CL is guiding hughes towards that by giving him a kind of free role, so he dont get stuck in and injured again.

For me, i think hes there now.

Playing kiso at HR is by NO means a step back from joey, it can only benefit us IMO.

Think everyone is agreed on tiatto be the perfect choice for HR, if he could keep his head.

Would you say maybury is more inteligent than joey, that he can organise and has more vision?

I also have a problem with our HR position.

I think hughes is getting into the fitness of what CL sees as a starting place and comanding position as fron midfielder requires. If you notice, joey will run all day and all night, and CL is guiding hughes towards that by giving him a kind of free role, so he dont get stuck in and injured again.

For me, i think hes there now.

Playing kiso at HR is by NO means a step back from joey, it can only benefit us IMO.

Think everyone is agreed on tiatto be the perfect choice for HR, if he could keep his head.

Would you say maybury is more inteligent than joey, that he can organise and has more vision?

I know this Maybury debate has been raging but I can't see him as the answer. At this level, he would be more than capable of offering the backfour protection (bit like Callum Davidson did for us under Adams) but I'm not sure he would be able to organise the midfield properly. Whereas Callum had Muzzy alongside him (who guided him no end), Hughes does not yet have the same authority Muzzy had. Also, under Adams, all Callum had to do was hoof it long or pass backwards. We need more than that and I'm not sure Maybury could offer it. Certainly, his vision is not superb.

Add to this Maybury's current form is well below last season and I do not think he would be the right player. I think Maybury would be exposed at times.

b&c, Would you say maybury is more inteligent than joey, that he can organise and has more vision?

Would you say playing at RB, limits you vision range and available vision ability compared to a more central midfield role?

On saturday, joey was left ball watching whilst el hadjouri strolled into our box allowing a clear pass from which he slotted the ball home, and thus joey cost us 2 precious points.

Archived