Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Saturday's Academy Game: FREE

0,,10274~2751596,00.jpgAcademy Director Jon Rudkin is urging Foxes fans to lend their support to the Leicester City under 18s side this weekend.

With Craig Levein's first team taking a break for international fixtures, the Academy will be in the spotlight on Saturday when they take on Watford at the Belvoir Drive training ground (11am).

The fledgling Foxes have won five out of their opening seven games of the season - with young striker Louis Dodds grabbing a hat-trick in their most recent victory over the MK Dons.

And Dodds could again spearhead the City attack this weekend, with England under 16 stars Ashley Chambers and Joe Mattocks also in the reckoning.

Pacey winger Levi Porter will be hoping to continue his good run of form after a fine performance in Wednesday night's reserve team fixture at Coventry, while impressive Polish goalkeeper Alex Cisak could also make an appearance between the sticks.

And best of all admission to the game is FREE!

Rudkin said: "Our game against Watford this weekend is an ideal opportunity for people to come along and watch the Academy in action.

"There has been a lot of interest surrounding the Academy games of late and it's great for the young lads if we can get a good crowd down to watch them. The football is a good standard and we've been involved in some really entertaining games so far this season."

Click Here for directions to the Belvoir Drive training ground.

Source: Official Site

By what I've read from some who've seen the Academy in action, it'd be well worth going - to see the likes of Porter, Chambers & Co.

Sounds almost sacrilege but given the choice I'd sooner watch the the Academy lads than England - especially the way the national team play's under the "soggy" Swede.

As it is I shall probably watch both - though how long I put up with England remains to be seen (20 minutes in each of the last two games was as much as I could stand).

Archived