Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cobbo

Levein praises foxes...

Levein Praises Foxes Following Win

Craig Levein saluted his squad following their 2-1 victory over Watford at Vicarage Road on Saturday afternoon.

The Foxes had gone into the game looking for their first away victory in the league since last December, a statistic that they came so close to breaking at Derby County a fortnight ago.

That time the Foxes came unstuck to a late Rams equaliser when the points looked to be in the bag - but Leicester's renewed guile and determination would see then through against the Hornets.

City took the lead in the through striker Mark de Vries on 29 minutes, but Watford were quickly out of the traps in the second period and bagged a 49th minute equaliser.

But Leicester went straight down the other end to take the lead once again thanks to a Patrick Kisnorbo header, and City would hold on to break their awayday hoodoo.

Speaking after the game, a jubilant Levein said: "I thought we were the better team today. We had the better chances and on another day we might have got more goals.

"Recently, we have been playing as well or sometimes better than that and getting nothing from matches. It was really important that we showed a bit of character and did the things that are important in this division, such as defend from set pieces and deal with long high balls into the box. I thought we did those things very well today.

"All that I have been doing for the last fortnight is watching every game back on video that we have played so far this season and trying to put my finger on why we have been playing well but not getting results. In the cold light of day you can sometimes see things that you don't pick up in matches. I thought our balance was pretty good today. Sometimes you can just change one or two players and the chemistry is right.

"It's a big win for us today. Watford are up near the top of the league and we were the better side away from home. It is pleasing that we managed to get a result."

Dion Dublin was again a mountain for the Foxes at the back, although an uncharacteristic error had led to the Watford equaliser.

Levein added: "Sometimes the game is too easy for Dion and he wants to dress it up a bit! But that's just the way that he is and I don't think I am going to change him at 36. He made and error but we won the match so it didn't cost us.

"He's fantastic and that is why I play him in the middle of the defence. He wins everything. I have come to realise that in this league that is a really important part of getting victories - the ability to head the ball in both boxes. We need to defend set pieces and that is something that has cost us on a number of occasions so far this season."

Levein made five changes to his side for the game - and introduced a new-look midfield.

He said: "I was a little bit concerned playing Patrick Kisnorbo and Stephen Hughes in the middle together because they are both coming back from injury. I was worried that they might lack a bit of stamina in that area. But Patrick is a dog of war and he loves the physical side of the game. He managed to play the simple role well.

"I believe that we are a better team than our league position indicates and hopefully this is the start of us putting some sort of run together."

OS

Does he ay Craig? Oh my! :o

I think he's come to realise how important it is to have someone who can command the area with their head...

"That was the worst we've played all season, but we're a young team who will get things wrong before we get them right, and we got a lot wrong today.

"The energy we've showed this season was lacking, and in the first five minutes it was like a testimonial.

"But when we're firing, Leicester are a team we would expect to beat."

Now talk about getting too big for your boots very quickly...

Now talk about getting too big for your boots very quickly...

are you sure that wasnt Jordan Stewart saying that!!??

lol But seriously, if they keep talking like that and going out with that attitude then they will get no where! He needs to understand that in this division anything can happen! Ignoring the top 3/4 any team has the chance of beating anyone! Crewe showed it today and so did we!

Archived