Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
frenchy_lcfc

Formula 1

Renault have a factory working on the cars in the uk as well as in France.

Yeah but Renault is French! Its just like in all Countries there are loads of Factories working on Renaults!! Just like when the UK did the design for the new Renault Clio! And i got to say the design is pretty good!!

VA VA VOOOOOOOM! :thumbup:

Renault win the Double!! Woohoo!! Well done Renault and France!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Congratulations are in order but don't carp so joyously about French car manufacture.

I recently bought a Peugeot Diesel estate. Good, economical car. But God help you when something goes wrong.

Diesels always need new glow plugs from time to time. Hard to get at one of em in particular.

And, it is always wise to change the Drive Belt on purchase of a second hand car. Nightmare to get at. Therefore time consuming. Therefore expensive.

And as for leaks in the fuel pump seals... new replacement around £2000 fitted (I was quoted) and for a reconditioned one .....ah well, not sure, £500 but if this is wrong and that is wrong and this and that...

With repairs typically costing more than the value of the car its the last French motor I'll ever buy. Even if they are assembled in Coventry.

Congratulations are in order but don't carp so joyously about French car manufacture.

I recently bought a Peugeot Diesel estate. Good, economical car. But God help you when something goes wrong.

Diesels always need new glow plugs from time to time. Hard to get at one of em in particular.

And, it is always wise to change the Drive Belt on purchase of a second hand car. Nightmare to get at. Therefore time consuming. Therefore expensive.

And as for leaks in the fuel pump seals... new replacement around £2000 fitted (I was quoted) and for a reconditioned one .....ah well, not sure, £500 but if this is wrong and that is wrong and this and that...

With repairs typically costing more than the value of the car its the last French motor I'll ever buy. Even if they are assembled in Coventry.

I got to admitt! when a French car start to go wrong you will spend LOADS of money repairing them! Like my Bro he had a Renault Megane and before he sold it last month he was More or less Bankrupt!! At least 3k went into that car! So with my Mums last car a Saxo another french car loads of money into that! And guess what, she brought another french car, a 206! Anyway they may cost loads to repair but the cars are easy to drive, the handling of the cars are good too and also comfortable! But still if you want a car to last all the way through! I personally think you need a Ford!!

:thumbup:

I got to admitt! when a French car start to go wrong you will spend LOADS of money repairing them! Like my Bro he had a Renault Megane and before he sold it last month he was More or less Bankrupt!! At least 3k went into that car! So with my Mums last car a Saxo another french car loads of money into that! And guess what, she brought another french car, a 206! Anyway they may cost loads to repair but the cars are easy to drive, the handling of the cars are good too and also comfortable! But still if you want a car to last all the way through! I personally think you need a Ford!!

:thumbup:

Guess what I've got?

I'd abandoned it in my yard for the Peugeot but after all those weeks vroom, started first time and off she went with only the mildest of reluctance. Thank God for the old Ford Sierra. Easy to repair and they're like Duracell and Ariston combined.

Feel bloody guilty being unfaithful really and have just sent her for a major service by way of apology.

Archived