Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rugby Fox

Murray v Henman

Scottish teenager Andy Murray was celebrating another career milestone on Wednesday after beating British number one Tim Henman in the first round of the Swiss Indoors tournament.

"That was definitely the biggest win of my career," Murray told reporters after completing a 6-2 5-7 7-6 win over his friend, training partner and rival.

"Tim has been one of the best or most consistent players of the last decade and to win against someone I have so much respect for is a pretty good deal for me and also something that's very special emotionally."

:rolleyes:

the funny thing is, tim is hitting the ball brilliantly

his backhand is no longer the stupid slice and he attacks the ball more

not many actually appreciate what he has done for the sport

for a decade or so he has been the lone player, and he's been in the top 10 rankings throughout. That is one hell of an achievement and you can tell that by murrays reaction to winning, the respect he has. It is easy to criticise Tim, but if didn't play, who would we have had the last 10 years? He has developed the sport single handedly in this country.

Unfortunately, he just isn't a match winner, talented, but not a winner. He should give next year the biggest push of his career then call it a day in my opinion

well done murray though, great prospect

i dislike though how he is so quick to look for an injury! you don't see federer grab his leg when he loses a set, he will start to ware out that excuse f he isn't careful.

he is a jock , i never hoped coulthard would win owt for the same reason because do u think the jocks cheer when damon hill won the world title or when kelly holmes won olympic gold or redgraves achevements !

murray is a fantastic talent and he will be a future wimbledon champ but i wouldnt cheer him on against an englishman

Archived