Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alan Frost

Keep Uplifting Football

I live in Scotland but have been a supporter of the Foxes since I had 3 spells of living in Leicester in the late 1950s early 1960s (I'm an oldie) when they had a fine and successful team. I never however dreamed they could ever win the Premiership and I count it one of the highlights of my life. I did attend the match following which the chairman was killed the only time I've visited the "new" stadium although I attended every home match at Filbert Street when I lived in Leicester and away matches when they played near my address at the time in the years after.  In the matches I did attend back in the 50s/60s I was always impressed with the football knowledge and behaviour of the fans who stood on the halfway line in the all standing Shed. I was even more impressed with the whole pleasant atmosphere when I visited this year for the West Ham match. The dignity and wonderful spirit with which LCFC handled the Chairman's death , I admired even more . I think most football supporters everywhere did.  So unusual in football.

In the long term I doubt we will ever be a very long term force as Arsenal, Liverpool,Man Utd. are and Man C, Spurs, Chelsea are well on the way to becoming BUT, and here is the point. We need everything going for us and being unique in football for a wonderful spirit and sporting attitude can continue to win LCFC friends everywhere. Leicester are not the richest club but currently are probably wealthier than usual. Lets show that sporting spirit by remembering the contribution Pearson made to the premiership winning season by miraculously keeping us up the season before. Lets never forget Ranieri's wonderful attitude and the friends he made us through out the championship season, and his dignity when as a recently sacked manager he returned to the club to give tributes to the deceased Chairman. No pettiness there and so unusual for this game. Ranieri and the players received recognition for their achievement and I think it would be sporting if the club can ever do some favour to Pearson, maybe a job in admin. or scouting if he ever falls on hard times. Keep that "nice' , "paternal' club family spirit, almost unique in football and LCFC will continue to win friends across the game. Its unusual in football. Results of course count but results with a sporting attitude count for more in my book and I think in most peoples'.

Final comment.The match I did attend (v West Ham) I was so impressed with Soyuncu's intelligence . I think it was his debut. Throughout most of the match, until substituted you could see he very sensibly looked all the while to Mcguire for guidance on positioning and passing. Not many players are that smart the first time they play for a new team. I think he''ll definitely become a star. When he was substituted he got a small standing ovation from many of us on the halfway line. He had n't done anything brilliant, he was just smart and effective and many of us recognised that.

Rogers I think might be good enough to get us back into Europe for several seasons, and he seems to have a very good sporting attitude, a worthy successor to Puel who at least had a good attitude (but a bit too low key), and Ranieri. I would n't claim Pearson had all the right attitudes but lets not forget not many could have achieved the miraculous escape from relegation and without that we could n't have won the Premier League. I was n't ever a big fan of Schmichael's dad but I am a big fan of the spirit and attitude of Schmichael. He's worth another player on the park and all the guys who played for us through the relegation battle , the championship year , and are still playing deserved every honour they got, and will win soon.. 

A long way away but very much a fan

Edited by Alan Frost
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Alan Frost said:

I live in Scotland but have been a supporter of the Foxes since I had 3 spells of living in Leicester in the late 1950s early 1960s (I'm an oldie) when they had a fine and successful team. I never however dreamed they could ever win the Premiership and I count it one of the highlights of my life. I did attend the match following which the chairman was killed the only time I've visited the "new" stadium although I attended every home match at Filbert Street when I lived in Leicester and away matches when they played near my address at the time in the years after.  In the matches I did attend back in the 50s/60s I was always impressed with the football knowledge and behaviour of the fans who stood on the halfway line in the all standing Shed. I was even more impressed with the whole pleasant atmosphere when I visited this year for the West Ham match. The dignity and wonderful spirit with which LCFC handled the Chairman's death , I admired even more . I think most football supporters everywhere did.  So unusual in football.

In the long term I doubt we will ever be a very long term force as Arsenal, Liverpool,Man Utd. are and Man C, Spurs, Chelsea are well on the way to becoming BUT, and here is the point. We need everything going for us and being unique in football for a wonderful spirit and sporting attitude can continue to win LCFC friends everywhere. Leicester are not the richest club but currently are probably wealthier than usual. Lets show that sporting spirit by remembering the contribution Pearson made to the premiership winning season by miraculously keeping us up the season before. Lets never forget Ranieri's wonderful attitude and the friends he made us through out the championship season, and his dignity when as a recently sacked manager he returned to the club to give tributes to the deceased Chairman. No pettiness there and so unusual for this game. Ranieri and the players received recognition for their achievement and I think it would be sporting if the club can ever do some favour to Pearson, maybe a job in admin. or scouting if he ever falls on hard times. Keep that "nice' , "paternal' club family spirit, almost unique in football and LCFC will continue to win friends across the game. Its unusual in football. Results of course count but results with a sporting attitude count for more in my book and I think in most peoples'.

Final comment.The match I did attend (v West Ham) I was so impressed with Soyuncu's intelligence . I think it was his debut. Throughout most of the match, until substituted you could see he very sensibly looked all the while to Mcguire for guidance on positioning and passing. Not many players are that smart the first time they play for a new team. I think he''ll definitely become a star. When he was substituted he got a small standing ovation from many of us on the halfway line. He had n't done anything brilliant, he was just smart and effective and many of us recognised that.

Rogers I think might be good enough to get us back into Europe for several seasons, and he seems to have a very good sporting attitude, a worthy successor to Puel who at least had a good attitude (but a bit too low key), and Ranieri. I would n't claim Pearson had all the right attitudes but lets not forget not many could have achieved the miraculous escape from relegation and without that we could n't have won the Premier League. I was n't ever a big fan of Schmichael's dad but I am a big fan of the spirit and attitude of Schmichael. He's worth another player on the park and all the guys who played for us through the relegation battle , the championship year , and are still playing deserved every honour they got, and will win soon.. 

A long way away but very much a fan

OK..?