Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Louise

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday Iain Hume! 22 today! :banana::bounce::scarf:

Is he only 22? For God's sake Craig get him in his right position behind some two front strikers and let him emerge from his crysalis. Believe in the guy cos he's one little gem.

Happy Birthday Iain and grab yourself a goal at Plymouth.

The Preston fans seem happy that we signed him from under their noses after his performance yesterday. I think he was pretty average. Didn't look as sharp as he did against Coventry but the ball was in the air for a lot of the game yesterday which isn't the way he likes it. His striking partner wasn't on his game either which didn't help him.

Happy 22nd Iain!

The Preston fans seem happy that we signed him from under their noses after his performance yesterday. I think he was pretty average. Didn't look as sharp as he did against Coventry but the ball was in the air for a lot of the game yesterday which isn't the way he likes it. His striking partner wasn't on his game either which didn't help him.

Happy 22nd Iain!

Dead right. We're just wasting his talent. :(

From a Preston forum.

Just a point in proof how hard it is to get it right when signing a player. At the AGM Billy and Derek were questiones about for not bringing Ian Hulme to Deepdale. "We offerd 500,000 for him" said Derek Shaw which is good money for us! but we weren't prepared to any higher for a player unproven at this level quote un quote.

Yet he and Billy have been slagged off contiuosly for not landing this player and for leting Leicester get him at the 11th hour.

Yet as proved yesterday they were right to go no higher in their offer for Ian Hulmew. Yet peole on here and people i talk to thought he was the best thing since sliced bread. Thank god some people on here are not in charge of spending our money. I went to watch Ian Hulme play for Tranmeer against Blackpool and you could tell right away that the guy would struggle at this level. he hasen't got the bulid or the strength to handle defenders at this level has proved yesterday

It begger belief that we still showed an interest in him right up to the 11th hour but thankfully we kept our heads when everybody was panicking as the transfere window was about to close.

But this example shows how difficult it is to get it right. We have also offerd over I million for Commons but he as since been dropped by Forest and nobody else as shown an interest either, so again it shows you could spend a lot of money and not get value for it. Thats why we have done well sigining David Nugent and David Hibbert who looks twice the prospect the lad from Blackburn Rovers does. I think we should stay with Billy Davis and understand what he is doing. He said it would be a transitionel period at times this season but it looks like we now have some good youngeters coming through. Players who will prove alot better value than the likes of Ian over priced Hulme. So lets just thank our lucky stars that the likes of Ian Hulme and Scott Dobie both knocks us back otherwise we could have easily bown over 1 and quater million on those two and what a waste of money that would have been!

PNE forum

Think you'll have to register to view the forums though. The bloke who's said this seems to think he knows Hume isn't good enough for the Championship after watching him play TWO games. I've seen enough of him already to think he'll be good enough for this division now and in the future.

hahaha, shoot that man!

He will have a point if Leicester continue to use him as a front-end striker cos he just gets eaten alive up there.

He needs to be a busy bee behind the main two and in company with other ball players who can attack by passing the ball to feet.

That suits Leicester because we don't have any notable aerial threat up front in any case (MDV is hardly state of the art despite his occasional headed goal)

He, and our other ball players/speed merchants need space and the way to find that space is to play more of them together.

That way it makes it more difficult for the opposition to double bank on any individual they view as a threat.

Archived