Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gené and Tonic

Arsenal want Torres as Henry replacement

With Arsenal wanting Torres as a replacement for Henry, it appears as though Wenger doesn't want to put his faith into his youth strikers. Leaving Lupoli, Owusu-Abeyie and Smith out in the cold.

This could be good for us, and I hope Levein clocks it as all are quality players easily capable of playing in the Premiership, and don't appear to have any chance of breaking into the first team at Arsenal.

If Levein has any sense, he will inquire about a loan move for either Lupoli or Owusu-Abeyie. A permanent move might be out of our reach, but you never know.

I'm not sure you can go as far as to say he's not putting faith in his young 'uns, Henry is one of the best strikers in the world and if he leaves Wenger has to find a replacement.

It'd be a bit unfair to say to chuck the kids in and expect them to go and score 30 goals a season.

Well, he chucked Fabregas and Flamini in.

I just don't see why they buy players like Reyes who imo is just halting the progress of the players I have already mentioned. He is no better than they are.

Bergkamp should have gone into a coaching role at the club and let the young'uns come through, with him only playing as a back-up.

In my opinion Wenger doesn't need another striker, as he has great ones in the reserves, but if he insists on getting one, then it can only be good for Championship and low Premiership teams.

The difference is that Arsenal rely so heavily on Henry's goals that they'd need someone who could score a similar amount and while the youngsters might grab a few it wouldn't be the same.

Arsenal aren't the same team without Henry.

Of course if Henry signs a contract extension then it's a different situation.

The difference is that Arsenal rely so heavily on Henry's goals that they'd need someone who could score a similar amount and while the youngsters might grab a few it wouldn't be the same.

Arsenal aren't the same team without Henry.

Of course if Henry signs a contract extension then it's a different situation.

Id say that was spot on mate. Its a lot of pressure to put on a player of Owusu and co's age to follow the legacy that Henrey will leave if he decided to move on. He would definately need to sign either some one of the same qualities or some one very similair so he did not have t change the way his teams plays around. To put a young lad in, he would need time to gel and get settled, whereas someone of Torres' stature would need less time as he is already top notch.

:cool:

With Arsenal wanting Torres as a replacement for Henry, it appears as though Wenger doesn't want to put his faith into his youth strikers. Leaving Lupoli, Owusu-Abeyie and Smith out in the cold.

This could be good for us, and I hope Levein clocks it as all are quality players easily capable of playing in the Premiership, and don't appear to have any chance of breaking into the first team at Arsenal.

If Levein has any sense, he will inquire about a loan move for either Lupoli or Owusu-Abeyie. A permanent move might be out of our reach, but you never know.

torres is a class player maybe better than rooney he would rip the prem apart

Yeh he is class and would be an ideal relacement for Henry

I wouldnt say as good as Rooney though :)

He's not the same kind of player as Henry so I wonder why they see him as a replacement. He's one of the best headers of the ball in the world, good with the ball at his feet but doesn't have Henry's blistering pace

But he's much better than Rooney.

Archived