Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Can't wait for the Watford game

Desperation point now. I thought the Premiership season under Adams was depressing but at least we were scoring a fair amount of goals. I'm so glad I haven't got a season ticket any more. I can't hack listening to Radio Leicester so lately I've been watching the goals come in on Sky. Except they haven't. I remember when I was a young kid eagerly anticipating the words "...and there's been a goal at Filbert Street!!..." on Radio 5. Today was slightly different to the last few games because the opposition managed to score but the rest of the time, it's like the rest of the country is playing football and we've sent eleven donkeys out to try and ensure that there is as little goalmouth action as possible. The worst thing is, I've got tickets to the next two home games. I don't know if I can be arsed to sit through ten minutes, let alone over a hundred and eighty.

Yes, it's a plus point that the defence is reasonably sound. It'd be nice to only concede a goal every other game for the rest of the season. Problem being, we can't score. We don't score. There is no threat of a goal. I can't moralise about it too much because obviously I haven't been going to the games lately. But I'm not alone. There's 8,000 of us who were going a couple of seasons ago that think it's a tremendous waste of time, effort and money now. And this has been the case for a long, long time.

With every game our will to win seems to be ebbing away.

I don't think this is a simple line-up problem where you can stick all the attacking players we have in the team and we will magically win every game 4-2. There's no beaming light of hope. Changing the full-backs is not going to make Elvis Hammond a technically gifted footballer. Williams and Hughes played together in midfield last season and it didn't work. Smith is meant to be the saviour, we win at Watford and Cardiff without him then can't score for 3 and a half games with him in the team. de Vries and Dublin. I can't even be bothered to construct a sentence about them. He's sold Connolly and replaced him with two strikers who can't shoot. I think the players, the coaching, the manager and most things about the club stink at the moment and we're going to be relegated unless someone realises that this isn't good enough.

Archived