Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ultra

NO CUTTING EDGE

But isn't this what we did in the Watford game, and at Derby?

When these mistakes recur in game after game we have to conclude there is an attitude problem within the squad, which the management seem unable to fix.

Dublin was preferred to Johansson in central defence presumably because it was felt he would bring stability and leadership. Neither were in evidence on Friday. He was fortunate not to concede a penalty (for a handball which the ref wrongly judged to be outside the box), and also missed a glorious chance late on which he would have converted with ease at his peak.

Can't speak for others on this thread but my assessment of him was based on many of the displays I've seen from him this season, not just Friday.

Without doubt there is an attitude problem - of mentally falling asleep in a part of almost every game - and it only emphasises the need for Levein to be more demanding and for the team to have a proper, forceful captain - a natural leader who is respected by all.

Moreover it should be someone who is privy to Levein's thoughts and requirements in different situations and who has the authority to demand those demands are satisfied.

I'm still undecided on the value of Kisnorbo as a player but there is no way he's a captain and Levein should have sorted that particular problem by the end of Monday morning training if he's as ruthless and single minded as he makes out.

Without doubt there is an attitude problem - of mentally falling asleep in a part of almost every game - and it only emphasises the need for Levein to be more demanding and for the team to have a proper, forceful captain - a natural leader who is respected by all.

I'm still undecided on the value of Kisnorbo as a player but there is no way he's a captain and Levein should have sorted that particular problem by the end of Monday morning training if he's as ruthless and single minded as he makes out.

We havnt had a leader given the job of, for blinking ages. For me, weve only got one genuine leader, and thats johanson, macarthy to follow come august possibly. I always tend to think that the holding role should be that person, and weve got diddelysquat there.

I think somewhere between may 8 and august Thrach. He knew what kiso was like, and he thought he would be good enough, oh dear.

Archived