Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ultra

NO CUTTING EDGE

So our appalling away record under Craig Levein continues, and with Reading and Palace coming up, is not likely to improve any time soon.

Yet again we squandered a lead, not once but twice, in a manner all too reminiscent of the Micky Adams era.

The Hume-Hammond partnership may look impressive, but their inconsistency in front of goals means they will never deliver the quantity of goals we need at this level.

Elsewhere in the side, Kisnorbo and Sylla yet again looked out of their depth, while Dublin's performance gave strong hints that this may prove to be a season too far for him.

We had a golden chance to restore confidence among stayaway fans, but we blew it. Instead the result put paid to pre-match hype of a "challenge for a play-off place".

The facts do not lie - only ONE away league win in 2005, and only ONCE during the same period have we managed a sequence of two straight wins.

Until the management finds a way of breaking the cycle of underachievement, fans will continue to ask whether they are the right people to take the club forward.

If the run of failures continues against Crewe and Millwall, and right now all the signs are that it will, we could well be dragged back into the relegation dogfight.

For his sake, and ours, Levein had better get it right in those games.

If the run of failures continues against Crewe and Millwall, and right now all the signs are that it will, we could well be dragged back into the relegation dogfight.

Lets not get carried away. How many of us up until the 4th goal were thinking, weve got this, no way will we lose, and we should win, were more likely to score than them?

But for donkey like defending and captaincy "leadership" from the over stretched dublin, we surely would`ve won.

I thought everyone did really well until the 4th goal. hammond wasnt technically brilliant, but he scored (bit like deep freeze does). Hume was brilliant i though, out shone smithy, who had an average game for him.

Joey was a breath of fresh air for me, kiso wasnt brill. Sylla did ok, but didnt tackle the winger for the 5th goal.

Stearman gerrbrand and maybury were very comfortable. Douglas did one major thing "wrong?".

It was dublins inability to defend crossess which cost us 3pts, simple as. Who seriously thinks macarthy or johanson would`ve let them fvckers get on the end of them crosses, not f-in likely.

Craig has realised hume n hammond are our front 2, now its time mate to realise dubs is a bench player at best.

We just need some decent championship leadership in midfield, and we can do it, we can f-in get promoted, we have enough ability now to score goals, and that is the main thing, but we must have a cheif defending our goal.

we wont be batteling for relegation!! we have a good team, but some of them give up to easily ie:sylla and kisso!

dunno what was with smith tonight, dont get my wrong i think he is amazin but summit wasnt right with him tonight, he usually plays better! have to stick with hume and hammond! we have cuttin edge but, we dont seem to have the cutting edge luck!!! joey was unlucky when his shot hit the bar! i just dont wanna admit that maybe dion should be on the bench as i love him!!

we wont be batteling for relegation!! we have a good team, but some of them give up to easily ie:sylla and kisso!

dunno what was with smith tonight, dont get my wrong i think he is amazin but summit wasnt right with him tonight, he usually plays better! have to stick with hume and hammond! we have cuttin edge but, we dont seem to have the cutting edge luck!!! joey was unlucky when his shot hit the bar! i just dont wanna admit that maybe dion should be on the bench as i love him!!

Have you seen the table?

I assume you do realise that it's December.

The table has well and truly taken shape.

We're down the bottom, get used to it.

Have you seen the table?

I assume you do realise that it's December.

The table has well and truly taken shape.

We're down the bottom, get used to it.

yeh its december, i am sorry but i aint given up just yet, i dont let go of optimisum and faith and hope until the day it has Relegated next to us!!

I never said we would get relegated, but you said we are not in a relegation battle...

What exactly are we in then? Challenging for play offs?

Which I lived in the same dream world as you.

it's still too early to talk about a relegation "battle". but i would guess that we won't be mathematically safe until right near the end, so in that sense we will have to fight to keep our heads above water.

i said we wont be batteling against relegation re read before you have a hissy fit about it! and i dont think we will challenge for the play offs, and i aint in a dream world mate, its just how i feel! remember everyone has their own opionions! u moan at lush for moaning, but look at yourself!

i said we wont be batteling against relegation re read before you have a hissy fit about it! and i dont think we will challenge for the play offs, and i aint in a dream world mate, its just how i feel! remember everyone has their own opionions! u moan at lush for moaning, but look at yourself!

What do you actually mean by that?

I moan about us losing tonight, which I think is fair enough.

If you think that losing that game 3-2 is alright then that's up to you. I don't.

Also, look at the league table, we ARE in a relegation battle. Put your fingers in your ears and shut your eyes, bury your head in the sand... whatever, we're still there. If you can't face it, that's up to you.

What do you actually mean by that?

I moan about us losing tonight, which I think is fair enough.

If you think that losing that game 3-2 is alright then that's up to you. I don't.

Also, look at the league table, we ARE in a relegation battle. Put your fingers in your ears and shut your eyes, bury your head in the sand... whatever, we're still there. If you can't face it, that's up to you.

wow dude seriously take a chill! i dont think its good we lost 3-2 no, and i never said i did think it was good!

ok we are in a relagation battle but i dont beleive we will be there for long and i also dont think we will get relegated! i aint an osterich so my head is stayin out the sand. and i will carry on going to every game and watch them go from strengths to strengths like they have been doing, and watch them not get relegated! :D

Why this concerted attack on Dublin (the victim of a brilliant header not of failing to do his job in marking tight) and so little said about the careless headed clearance by Gerrbrand which gifted Stoke their first goal from nowhere?.

It was a diabolical mistake.

So was Sylla's challenge.

So was Kisnorbo's general ineptitude

So was Douglas's lack of command in the box and carelessness for the penalty (as at Sheffield United).

Dublin's attention to his job generally was part of the reason Stoke's prodigiously dangerous attackers still had relatively few chances. Fact is though, they took three even if two WERE donated by us (but by Gerrbrand and Sylla, not by Dublin).

Ironically, had Joey's crashing shot gone in instead of thumping the bar (three more inches and the dip would have taken it in) we'd have been celebrating a thoroughly entertaining victory where we took Stoke apart on their own ground.

Our approach to the last 15 minutes was almost as if we'd mentally counted that as a goal and considered ourselves home and dry. What a painful lesson the reality turned out to be.

Ironically, had Joey's crashing shot gone in instead of thumping the bar (three more inches and the dip would have taken it in) we'd have been celebrating a thoroughly entertaining victory where we took Stoke apart on their own ground.

Our approach to the last 15 minutes was almost as if we'd mentally counted that as a goal and considered ourselves home and dry. What a painful lesson the reality turned out to be.

a stoke fan said to me after the game we should of won, and we had deserved all three points!!! dunno whether he was coming onto me though, coz after that he had a spell of wheres your boyfriend!!! :blink:

But isn't this what we did in the Watford game, and at Derby?

When these mistakes recur in game after game we have to conclude there is an attitude problem within the squad, which the management seem unable to fix.

Dublin was preferred to Johansson in central defence presumably because it was felt he would bring stability and leadership. Neither were in evidence on Friday. He was fortunate not to concede a penalty (for a handball which the ref wrongly judged to be outside the box), and also missed a glorious chance late on which he would have converted with ease at his peak.

Can't speak for others on this thread but my assessment of him was based on many of the displays I've seen from him this season, not just Friday.

Dublin was preferred to Johansson in central defence presumably because it was felt he would bring stability and leadership. Neither were in evidence on Friday. He was fortunate not to concede a penalty (for a handball which the ref wrongly judged to be outside the box), and also missed a glorious chance late on which he would have converted with ease at his peak.

Can't speak for others on this thread but my assessment of him was based on many of the displays I've seen from him this season, not just Friday.

I`d forgotten about that, yes, it was definately inside the area.

Dubs hasnt really been consistently good, at any time hes been a LCFC player. Hes been consistently brilliant at gesturing to the faithful, and speaking to the media through his blag experience, to make us all think hes the bizz. For instance, before the stoke game, he give it the "we must win, bottom table position isnt good enough, yada yada yada" . How about telling us something we DONT know???

This season, hes been consistently average.

Archived