Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Leicester City Aka False Dawns

Midfielder Nears Return

0,,10274%7E583036,00.jpg

Stephen Hughes is looking to be back vying for selection for the City squad in time for Saturday's Championship clash.

After a lengthy lay-off with an injured ankle, Craig Levein is hopeful of having the former Rangers man fit again to figure in the match with Crewe.

Hughes took to the field twice as a substitute in November, against Burnley and Watford, but has been unable to start for the Foxes for almost two months.

The manager said: "He's just had a terrible time of it to be honest this season.

"If he can come through training today and up to the weekend then obviously he will come into contention.

"I still think he's a little bit short of match fitness. The games that he has played, he hasn't been 100 percent and it's going to take him time to get up to that level again.

"He did what we know he can do at the end of last season, he played some great football and was really endearing himself with the supporters. But because of his ankle injury he hasn't got going at all this season and I think his confidence has been affected by that.

"He's a strong lad and I would think we'll see Stephen Hughes back to his best for the second half of the campaign."

I think the next time (if there is a next time) we have a great win (a la Sheff Yoo) we should all shush as it makes us look foolish when we get shafted in the next game. :thumbup:

PS great news about Hughes although hes yet to impress me this season, hopefully he'll keep injury free now.

I think the next time (if there is a next time) we have a great win (a la Sheff Yoo) we should all shush as it makes us look foolish when we get shafted in the next game. :thumbup:

PS great news about Hughes although hes yet to impress me this season, hopefully he'll keep injury free now.

Well put, i said a few months back CL and Leicester keep doing the same eg:-

Lose :( , draw <_< , Lose :angry: , Win against tough/top side :D , draw <_< , lose :huh: , lose :( , lose :mad: , Win against tough/top side :D

Archived