Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
willy37

joey

If we are to make ANY progress under Levein then there are certain players who MUST be kept as the backbone of the side. McCarthy is one such player. Joey is another.

Letting him go, without a ready-made replacement in waiting, would send the wrong signal to the fans.

I've been told that West Brom are after him. He would be the kind of player West Brom look for because they've signed quite a few players from the Championship eg Richie Chaplow from Burnley, Robert Earnshaw from Cardiff, Curtis Davies from Luton and I suppose you could say Ellington from Wigan as he hadn't played a game in the Premiership for Wigan before he moved. I wouldn't be surprised if they came in with an offer around the £1million mark for him in January. Whether we'd accept it, I don't know but I think it would tempt CL and the board in all honesty.

Joey's been wonderful this season but economically the club HAS TO continue selling some and buying better if they are to remain healthy.

That's reality and if there's every likelihood of him leaving in the summer anyway (and I don't pretend to know his mind) then £1million or more now would be a better prospect than nothing.

Archived