Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Premiership Clubs Eye Thompson

Premiership Clubs Eye Thompson

Celtic's Alan Thompson is attracting interest from the English Premiership, with one club poised to make an offer for the player, according to his agent. Anthony McGill told BBC Scotland he would be discussing Thompson's future with Celtic's chief executive Peter Lawwell on Tuesday.

Thompson has not been a regular starter under Gordon Strachan.

"There are Premiership clubs interested and I've an offer I'm taking to Celtic today," added McGill.

He stressed that Celtic had not made Thompson available for transfer and, therefore, he was not actively touting the player.

But he added: "I've told those interested that they have to speak to Celtic and I won't be doing anything until I'm told otherwise by Celtic.

"Alan wants to play football and he is happy to stay and fight for his place."

McGill also poured scorn on a newspaper report linking the player with a move to Derby County.

"Alan Thompson is not happy about that story. We have not spoken to anyone at Derby and there are far bigger clubs than Derby interested," he said.

Archived