Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gené and Tonic

The Reading formation

Lets face it, this was a game we had a very slim chance of winning. So instead of just waiting for them to break us down with an awful 4-5-1 formation; which was always gong to happen with the difference in quality, why did Levein not put out a team designed to attack Reading and expose their defence. What has he got to lose? Wigan did it against Arsenal, and they very nearly came away with a point.

.Reason 133 why Levein is not right for this job.

Lets face it, this was a game we had a very slim chance of winning. So instead of just waiting for them to break us down with an awful 4-5-1 formation; which was always gong to happen with the difference in quality, why did Levein not put out a team designed to attack Reading and expose their defence. What has he got to lose? Wigan did it against Arsenal, and they very nearly came away with a point.

That Sonko was a bag of wank when we played them in the cup last year, Hume would have terrorised him yet Leveins scared again of the opposition and plays for a draw. I feel sorry for every Leicester fan who went down to Reading last night to see Levein play two shit wingers, a donkey at left back and yet again Rab Douglas gets the nod in goal despite constant errors in previous matches. If Henderson was fit enough to make the bench why couldn't he have started? Similarly with Hughes the past few games, hes much better than Kisnorbo in terms of quality yet gets left out.

It would've taken a lot to expose a defence of Reading's quality. They've only conceded 12 goals so far this season and our goal scoring has hardly been prolific. That's not me defending Levein that's just my opinion judging by the statistics.

That Sonko was a bag of wank when we played them in the cup last year, Hume would have terrorised him yet Leveins scared again of the opposition and plays for a draw. I feel sorry for every Leicester fan who went down to Reading last night to see Levein play two shit wingers, a donkey at left back and yet again Rab Douglas gets the nod in goal despite constant errors in previous matches. If Henderson was fit enough to make the bench why couldn't he have started? Similarly with Hughes the past few games, hes much better than Kisnorbo in terms of quality yet gets left out.

In many ways the good ship Leicester City is truly a shambles that passeth all understanding :(:(:(

Reading weren't that much better than us. Had we gone out and attacked, and come away with three points, a lá Sheff Utd at the WS, there would have been no complaints. But yet again, our glorious leader tries and settles for a point before the game has even kicked off.

WHY?????? WE CAN'T KEEP A FRIGGING CLEAN SHEET AGAINST THE LIKES OF MILLWALL AND CREWE, FFS! WHY DOES HE THINK READING WOULD BE UNABLE TO PENETRATE OUR 'LOO-PAPER-LIKE' DEFENCE? :mad:

I'm losing my patience now. :angry:

Reading weren't that much better than us. Had we gone out and attacked, and come away with three points, a lá Sheff Utd at the WS, there would have been no complaints. But yet again, our glorious leader tries and settles for a point before the game has even kicked off.

WHY?????? WE CAN'T KEEP A FRIGGING CLEAN SHEET AGAINST THE LIKES OF MILLWALL AND CREWE, FFS! WHY DOES HE THINK READING WOULD BE UNABLE TO PENETRATE OUR 'LOO-PAPER-LIKE' DEFENCE? :mad:

I'm losing my patience now. :angry:

I think Leveins goes for a 4-5-1 whenever he feels his (perhaps also the team's) confidence is low, or he feels under pressure.

Seems as if this has happened quite often this season :P

Archived