Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Don

Joey

I'm new on here - and this might annoy some people who rate Joey. As much has he has been our arguably best player all season, I just wondered what people thought about the amount of times he's shooting from over 30 yards. I reckon that the amount of great positions he gets in, he should be looking for the runs of hume and hammond - not shooting every time he gets a whiff of a chance.

I think you make a good point about Gudjonsson. I think his playing well this season has actually upset the balance of the team somewhat. I'd rather have a good holding midfielder with Hughes and Williams in there too. The problem is it's difficult to drop someone that's playing well. We need more creativity in the middle and as you say someone that can link up well with the front pairing.

I guess the question that needs to be asked in this respect is should it be Kisnorbo or Gudjonsson in the holding role?

In that case I think I'd go for Kisnorbo holding with Williams pushing on. Don't rate Joey as a holder - he's more of a robbie savage kind of player who runs round a lot. Where as Kisnorbo is more of a lennon. I actually think Kisnorbo is quite good in the holding role - I spent bout 10 minutes watching the positions he gets into and he looks very good.

I agree with you The Don, however I think that Joey is definetly gifted at shooting and scoring fantastic goals, or atleast testing the keeper.

With Joey being good at shooting and testing the keeper in the way he deos, he makes a great combination with Gareth Williams as Gareth is always looking for runs of Hume, Hammond, or Smith and maybe Sylla for that matter (if Sylla wanted to sprint rather than jog)

However this great combination will always be messed up by our hopeless manager and with his ridiculous wholesale changes he makes when they are just not needed. Again, another reason to chant;

LEVEIN OUT LEVEIN OUT LEVEIN OUT

I think you make a good point about Gudjonsson. I think his playing well this season has actually upset the balance of the team somewhat. I'd rather have a good holding midfielder with Hughes and Williams in there too. The problem is it's difficult to drop someone that's playing well. We need more creativity in the middle and as you say someone that can link up well with the front pairing.

I guess the question that needs to be asked in this respect is should it be Kisnorbo or Gudjonsson in the holding role?

KISORNBO? This guy is shockingly bad. I have been thinking that maybe going to a 3-man back line with Paddy sitting behind the midfield players to try and protect the back line and stop long range shots.

In that case I think I'd go for Kisnorbo holding with Williams pushing on. Don't rate Joey as a holder - he's more of a robbie savage kind of player who runs round a lot. Where as Kisnorbo is more of a lennon. I actually think Kisnorbo is quite good in the holding role - I spent bout 10 minutes watching the positions he gets into and he looks very good.

I agree but he seems pretty low on confidence hence his making basic errors. Against Millwall particularly he was winning almost everything in front of the back four.

KISORNBO? This guy is shockingly bad. I have been thinking that maybe going to a 3-man back line with Paddy sitting behind the midfield players to try and protect the back line and stop long range shots.

Who would you choose as the back 3 though? If Levein was to play like that surely it'd be Johanssen, Gerrbrand and Stearman? I don't think Maybry is strong enough to be played as one of 3 centre backs.

**Chokes on me Cornflakes** Kisnorbo is more of a Lennon! Whose that? John Lennon.

**Chokes on me Cornflakes** Kisnorbo is more of a Lennon! Whose that? John Lennon.

I think what is meant is not that he is as good as Lennon but that he is a holding player - breaks up attacks in front of the back four and lays the ball off simply, whereas Gudjonsson is more a box-to-box player.

You've all touched on one of the essential problems...what is Levein trying to do?

To my mind, at the moment, he seems unsure what to do.

If he wants to play thrilling exciting football as we did against Sheffield United he's got to pack the side with attack-minded players, including at full back.

If he wants a defence-minded strategy (not my choice but perfectly effective) then he cannot afford two wingers with our personnel and he MUST have aerially capable strikers and even centre-backs as MON employed.

Archived