Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
syston_fox

Aerial domination

This is really starting to bug me now. I was watching Match of the day last night and saw goal after goal coming from a cross and a player getting his head on the ball and powering it past the keeper. Sheffield Wednesday managed it too so why the hell cant we? We continue to put the ball into the wings and then try to fire crosses in but who is in the box who can head a ball well??? De Vries is not great in the air and doesnt have the movement to get onto the end of a cross so why do we persist on putting balls in like that? Even low crosses are a waste of time because no-one ever gambles and looks to turn the ball in (hopefully Fryatt will do that now).

And whats with the crossing anyway? Do the players actually work on it during the week? Hamill yesterday was a fine example. He's meant to be a decent young winger but even a half decent one can beat the first man at least once in a game! Sylla's crossing is poor too and even Smith overhits them more often than not. What do the wingers do all week coz they sure as hell havent been practicing! Does anyone know roughly how many of our goals have come from a cross into the box?

i hear you, against stoke and crewe, aswell as other games we have conceded goals from free kicks, corners and crosses . im getting SO annoyed because if you look we dont ATACK the ball away from goal we just try and cushion it away and teams take advantage of us.

we need to sort something out!!!!! :cry:

dont get me started on the crosses. we cant cross full stop. unlike real pro's we dont aim our crosses or like teams like man u use our brains, for example why give high cross aimed towards hume or smith when they're that small and against reading we saw that our wingers dont even look for options they just hit it in the box even when there is nobody there ay momo sylla!!!"!"

Archived