Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kevinwpratt

O'Neil for England?

First of all sorry if i have missed this in previous posts.....

Is it a good thing to see Martin O'neil linked to the England job?

a) its good to see someone who i really believe can take the country to the next step being considered

b) I kind of hoped there would be a dream return to us

Thoughts??

In purely footballing terms it would be a great move. I'd be intrigued by his player selections because he has an unusually keen eye.

But at the end of the day you have to remember that Martin is a proud Oirishman and I think he might find it just a little hard kicking every ball from the technical area.

Another thing you have to bear in mind is that he is a Catholic. His family in Northern Ireland would get serious grief from republicans if he made the switch (remember the grief that Protestants gave the Lennons when Neil became captain at Celtic even though he was captain of Northern Ireland).

Sadly I think that the whole thing would be just too political for him and, in any case, it has come at the wrong time.

Archived