Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Ratings v QPR

I didn't get home until late - so I wont be offering my own ratings..

I did hear that Kisnorbo had a decent game at centre-back? How did Maybury do on the right side of midfield this time, any improvement over saturday?

Please share your ratings, I'm eager to know how good they were tonight! :D

I didn't get home until late - so I wont be offering my own ratings..

I did hear that Kisnorbo had a decent game at centre-back? How did Maybury do on the right side of midfield this time, any improvement over saturday?

Please share your ratings, I'm eager to know how good they were tonight! :D

(Although i only listened to it on the radio)

Rab 6- not much to do

Stearman 8- Class act, good goal but was at fault for their second

McCarthy 7- Goal line clearance. great all round performnce

Kisnorbo 7- Played in his natural position and sounded good. Shows what Levein knows!

Johansson 6- Steady performance, did nowt wrong

Maybury 6- Didnt get a lot of the ball, but didnt do much wrong

Gudjonsson 6- Still didnt sound his usual self, but a solid performance

Hughes 7- Goal capped a fine performance

Williams- took off after 15 mins through injujry

Wesolowski 8(replacement for Williams)- Split the play up added bite to midfield and crossed the ball for the goal. What more can you ask?

Fryatt 8- Tormented santos all game. Sounded like a great game even though he didnt get that much of the ball

Hume 5- Not his best game, his lack of recent match practice showed. Didnt do anything wrong though

O'Grady 6 (replaced Hume with 20 mins)- Held the ball up well and used his strength to outmuscle the QPR defence. Deserves a few games.

Just got back.

Douglas 6 Nothing to do whatsoever.

Stearman 7 Very good performance especially going forward. You can see he really cares about the club.

Kisnorbo 8 Classy display. Seems to play better A) when playing in his natural psition, centre back B) When he is away from home not being blamed for eveything by the fickle idiots down the walkers.

McCarthy 7 Good solid captains performance. A couple of needles freekicks are still very costly.

Johanson 7 Seems to have improved in the last couple of games. He was hardly up against the second coming of Luis Figo though.

Maybury 5 At fault for he first goal but came back into it in the second half.

Williams n/a Went off with what looked like a back injury

Gudjohson 5 Had a really poor game, kept on giving the ball away and couldn't even complete a five yard pass.

Hughes 7 His movement and energy is vital to our side and he gets in the right positions to score goals.

Fryatt 8 Excellent movement and well taken goal.

Hume 5 Had a bit of a mare to be honest and never got in the game

**Subs**

Wesolowski 7 Lots of energy and quality on the ball. Probably the best midfielder on display today.

O'Grady 7 Looked a threat when he came on and was unlucky not to score.

Douglas 6 - Nothing to do excepte pick the ball out of his net. Despite this I wish he would command his area

Stearman 7 - An average display, wasn't great in possession of the ball however was sound defensively. Goal (how did he pop up in the left wing position!) and assist notch up the score

McCarthy 7.5 - 1 mistake led to their first goal, otherwise was very solid against the towering QPR frontline

Kisnorbo 8.5 - Useless in midfield rock like at the back. Consistently won headers against taller strikers and distributed well.

Johansson 5 - Ainsworth had the beating of him and was reluctant to put his foot in.

Maybury 4 - Awful awful defending for the first goal and the only positive contribution was winning a free kick in a dangerous area. Anonymous

Gudjonsson 5 - Back to the Joey of old I'm afraid. Very reckless when in possession and reluctant to give the simple ball

Wesolowski 7 - Initial opinion is very favourable. Used the ball well and halted the few QPR attacks with intelligent positioning, often complemented with a simple ball. Lovely clipped cross for Stearmans goal and class reaction as well, he went mental! (Williams 5)

Hughes 6 - Anonymous until the last 20 minutes when he sprung into life and looked the best player on the park.

Hume 5 - Nothing worked for him tonight and I felt sorry for him as he was feeding off scraps.

Fryatt 7 - Not involved much but was impressive when in the action. Held it up surprisingly well and predatory finish.

Sub

O'Grady 7 - very positive, a physical presence with some pace and ability. Looks to have what it takes even if it is only cameo appearances.

Douglas - 6 - had little to do for most of the game.

Stearman - 8 - handled their left winger very well, showed great awareness for his goal and composure for

Hughes. Was partially at fault for their second.

Nissa - 6 - OK but his lack of pace was exposed again. Other than that pretty solid.

Kisnorbo - 9 - along with McCarthy bossed the back against two very physical and awkward centre forwards. Future captain on this performance?

McCarthy - 8.5 - Great display and is rightly the captain.

Gudjonsson - 6.5 - Decent game but gave the ball away at times when a simple pass was needed.

Williams - injured.

Wesolowski - 7 - Battled well, played some intelligent passes and showed at times what a great player he should become.

Maybury - 5 - He's out of form at the moment and looked like a fish out of water.

Hughes - 7 - Out of position but when he was on the ball showed some real class.

Hume - 6 - Did a lot of the donkey work, chased lost causes and harried their defence a la Dickov.

Fryatt - 8 - Great determination for his goal and looked dangerous every time he was on the ball.

O'Grady - 7 - Held the ball up well and caused their back four a lot of problems in the limited time he was on.

Douglas 6 One good save but no where near any of the goals

Stearman 8 Wont give Maybury a look in at right back if he continues this form. His distribution needs a little bit of work but showed great composure to net equaliser and fought throughout.

Johansson 6 Still IMO looks lost at left back. Tricky winger Cook gave him a horrid time. Booked for one foul. Committed others. Good in the air and distribution was surprisingly better.

McCarthy 8* Had a great battle with the 2 big lads up front. Numerous occassions Paddy came up on top. Wore the captains armband with pride and was always in the faces of opposition when any confrotation arose.

Kisnorbo 8 Best game in a city shirt. Strong in the air and on the deck. Some crunching tackles. Looks so much more at home back there.

Maybury 5 Did not look happy nor play well in the position of Right Midfield. I feel the club are still trying to keep him happy by playing him. Fought hard like the others but got in Stearmans way when dropping back and was missing from the right when breaking forward at times.

Hughes 7 Glimpses of the old magic and a well taken goal. Played on the left on midfield and did okay - but just okay. Needs to impose himself more with the talent he has.

Williams 0 Wasnt on long enough for a true rating

Gudjonsson 6 Not his best game tonight. Gave the ball away far too often for me. Saying that, his good form and attitude will be needed in the run in and we saw pieces of that.

Fyatt 7 Took his goal really well battling against a few defenders. Was always open to options and his movement was good. Didnt look a livewire but there looks like there is more to come from this lad.

Hume 5 IMO he is still getting brushed off the ball too easily at this level. I felt it just wasnt his night. Tried to look and be busy but familar story of no real end product. Rightfully replaced.

SUBS

Wesolowski 7 Batted non stop in the middle with Joey. Gave the ball away at times with some careless dribbling but if he lost possession tried twice as hard to win it back. Great to the see the youngster back playing and doing his bit with a hungry appetite.

O'Grady 7 Beefed up loads since his loan spell and showed good strength and skill as we pushed on towards the end. Giving Rob kelly something to think about before Saturday for sure.

MANAGER

Kelly 7 Had the lads ready with the right preparation but I felt Maybury should have been replaced with Smith at some point. Need not matter now with the 3 points sharing the coach journey home. Nice one

Rab 6 - Didn't really do much, and didn't have a save to make tbh.

Stearman 8 - He won us the game IMO. He scored the second, and calmy set up Hughes at the death. Unlucky not to get Man Of The Match.

McCarthy 7 - His fault for the 1st goal IMO by giving the ball away. Made up for it at the end though, smacking everything out at the death.

Kisnorbo 8 - Best game he's had for us. Played like a different player at centre back. Kept Furlong quiet all evening, and would like to see him play centre back more often. I was quite surprised how well he played!

Johansson 6 - Got skinned a few times but made up with same good tackles.

Maybury 6 - One of his better games this season. Right wing could be his new position. Did more than Sylla usually does.

Gudjonsson 6 - Quite quiet. Kept whinging all night, but a good solid performance and didn't do much wrong.

Hughes 7 - Back to how he used to play. Was still played on the wing, but got involved a lot more.

Williams 5 - Unlucky to get injured, didn't really do much. Most probably a blessing in disguise.

Fryatt 8 - OMFG!!!! What a player we have got here!!!!! He's just like Tony Cottee was for us. He linked up well with Hume, and like all the Warsaw fans said, he certainly does know where the goal is!

Hume 6 - Didn't really do much, but seemed to link up very will with Fryatt.

Subs

Wesolowski 8* - Man Of The Match. He ran the show in midfield. Plays a lot like joey, but doesn't whing, and is a lot more careful on the ball.

O'Grady 8 - Really good at holding the ball up, quick and very strong to.

Overall, a good performance, but still a lot to improve on. We STILL can't defend set pieces, AND we like to give the ball away in silly places.

:)

Archived