Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
aussie-fox

when the new manager is confirmed

If he can keep the points rolling in then yes, as it'd be nice to have an assistant manager we can rely on should he be called upon.

Then again, if he keeps bringing the points home, I hope he'll get the job full time. ;)

I should probably qualify that - at the minute we don't appear to have moved too much ground as far as appointing a new manager goes (two approaches rejected, the Cotterill outlook has changed a bit, ditto Lennon etc...) so it is possible Kelly's game-by-game mandate will last a couple of extra games, maybe. I think he deserves a couple more anyway.

Who knows - maybe tonight's performance has given these guys food for thought:

0,,10274~2839545,00.jpg

:thumbup:

I think the fact that we brought him in from Blackburn showed how much the board rated him and also the fact they kept him in after Levein was sacked shows that he was not one of Levein's boys. I'm sure the new manager whoever that may be will be told they must keep kelly otherwise signing him in the first place seems completely pointless

I think the fact that we brought him in from Blackburn showed how much the board rated him and also the fact they kept him in after Levein was sacked shows that he was not one of Levein's boys. I'm sure the new manager whoever that may be will be told they must keep kelly otherwise signing him in the first place seems completely pointless

Kelly wasn't one of Levein's boys - nor was Stowell (let's not forget the other half of our dynamic management/coaching duo ;)) - which is why they have remained, while Houston & Black were shwon the door (as they both arrived with Levein as some kind of coaching dream team. :P)

Interestingly enough, reading the BBC Sport website from when Kelly was appointed, it looks as tho CL chose Rob Kelly, rather than the board selecting him. But still, he's obviously not close enough to CL to be considered one of his cronies.

Archived