Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Kelly previews Brighton game

Kelly Previews Brighton Clash

0,,10274~2783438,00.jpg

Rob Kelly will be hoping that the 'Wolves Connection' will work its magic once again when the Foxes come up against Brighton at the Withdean Stadium on Saturday.

Kelly, who took over the reins at the Walkers Stadium following the departure of Craig Levein a fortnight ago, masterminded arguably Leicester's most important win of the season to date when his side defeated Championship rivals 1-0 last weekend.

The 39-year-old caretaker boss spent two seasons with Wolves as a player in the late 80s before returning for a stint as a coach.

And during his second spell with the club Kelly worked alongside now Brighton manager Mark McGhee - and admitted that the duo had enjoyed a good working relationship.

Kelly said: "I worked with Mark at Wolves for a season and I got on really well with him. His sides are always competitive and they also like to play. Brighton will certainly be up for the fight. I have no doubt that it will be a difficult game."

City go into the game three points ahead of the Seagulls - who currently sit in 22nd position in the Championship table.

And Kelly is all too aware of the importance of the fixture as the Foxes look to make it three wins on the bounce.

He added: "We will go into the game concentrating on what we do. We are aware of Brighton's strengths and weaknesses. It's an important game for us.

"But just as we are looking at it as an important game, they will be doing exactly the same.

"Brighton gained a 2-1 victory over Leeds at the Withdean not so long ago so they are capable of turning in performances - particularly at home."

But Leicester will be backed by a 900-strong travelling support after the game was confirmed a sell-out to Leicester fans on Monday.

He concluded: "Our supporters bought up the entire allocation for tickets soon after they went on sale, but that doesn't surprise me. They have been fantastic all season and we cannot underestimate their importance in this relegation battle.

"It's a game that I am sure all the supporters are looking forward to - as we are. There are three points available and we will do everything we can to get them."

I like the line about the Wolves Connection - sounds almost corrupt :ermm:

Maybe that's why Newell didn't want to join - he knew Kelly was bribing his old clubs and teammates. :olol

I like the line about the Wolves Connection - sounds almost corrupt :ermm:

Maybe that's why Newell didn't want to join - he knew Kelly was bribing his old clubs and teammates. :olol

That comment sounds libelous!

Archived