Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ed 1

City changed

what is up? City have definetly turned the corner from actually winning games from when they 've been infront and then lost the lead and then got t back again.

I think its down to one man and we know who that is

Would his initials happen to be RK?

Ha :thumbup:

You gota give it levein though for signing Fryatt, Hume, McCarthy (i think he signed him?), Maybury aint bad, Kisnorbo looks solid centre back - its all good!.

I wont go into the Shlt signings...ahem :ph34r:

If kelly was in charge begining of the season, all though its easy to say, when we where in the bottom 3 a few weeks ago, turn the table upside down - - - and i think thats where we would be.

:smile:

You gota give it levein though for signing Fryatt, Hume, McCarthy (i think he signed him?), Maybury aint bad, Kisnorbo looks solid centre back - its all good!.

If kelly was in charge begining of the season, all though its easy to say, when we where in the bottom 3 a few weeks ago, turn the table upside down - - - and i think thats where we would be.

As crap of a job levein did, there's one thing I don't think i'll ever forget, that game against tottenham just took the piss, it was one of the best atmosphere's i've ever seen at a football game, loved every minute...

I think Levein's record in the transfer market will stand up to anybody's considering the money he had to spend. Not only the obvious successes that you mentioned but even a player like De Vries was an adaqute Championship player consideirng we only paid 50k for him.

As crap of a job levein did, there's one thing I don't think i'll ever forget, that game against tottenham just took the piss, it was one of the best atmosphere's i've ever seen at a football game, loved every minute...

Yeah, great game - very memorable, although i didnt go - very drunk in a pub jumping around when that 3rd goal went in was just as much fun

I think Levein's record in the transfer market will stand up to anybody's considering the money he had to spend. Not only the obvious successes that you mentioned but even a player like De Vries was an adaqute Championship player consideirng we only paid 50k for him.

I agree.

you cant moan at 50k and we all thought (i think) he would be the business at the start of the season.

with de vries he is very physical, you look at the tottenham game, he was imence - the ref, reffed the game rearly well, not blowing the wistle everytime he won the ball.

In the championship - the poor standard of reffing, everytime he went up with another player, the ref would give a freekick.

I know he was not great and not at all consistent, but thats my opinion of him.

I agree.

you cant moan at 50k and we all thought (i think) he would be the business at the start of the season.

the 3 1/2 year contract on the table is a bit dubious though, especially for a man of his age.

the 3 1/2 year contract on the table is a bit dubious though, especially for a man of his age.

A Man of his age!!!!! :nono:

he was only 29 when he signed that's not that old for a footballer!!!!

at 29 myself you are making me feel really past it!!!! :cry:

what is up? City have definetly turned the corner from actually winning games from when they 've been infront and then lost the lead and then got t back again.
RK has said that all he's done is "simply things". And that is a quote. :thumbup:

BUT... how do you know Rob Kelly didnt point out to Levein to sign these players?

(apart from maybury, de vries, and all the rest hearts rejects)

BUT... how do you know Rob Kelly didnt point out to Levein to sign these players?

If I recall, Kelly has mentioned his influence in the purchase of Hume. Nissa too, and there's another one or two who may have been people Kelly was made aware of some time ago. McCarthy may have been one of them ...

I dont know.

Levein was manager end of day, so assume he has the final decision in who come in and who goes out

:thumbup:

If I recall, Kelly has mentioned his influence in the purchase of Hume. Nissa too, and there's another one or two who may have been people Kelly was made aware of some time ago. McCarthy may have been one of them ...

If we are goign to criticise Levein for everything that went wrong when he was in charge the least we can afford him is to credit him with the psoitivies. In terms of McCarthy, Levein had been scouting him for yonks even when at Hearts, claimed to have seen him in shedloads of reserve games.

If we are goign to criticise Levein for everything that went wrong when he was in charge the least we can afford him is to credit him with the psoitivies. In terms of McCarthy, Levein had been scouting him for yonks even when at Hearts, claimed to have seen him in shedloads of reserve games.

Well said, exactly what am trying to say

Absolutely. Some of his purchases have been top-drawer - you only have to look at Hume and Fryatt to realize that. At the same time some of his signings have been shocking (Sylla comes to mind). Credit where credit's due - he did bring some quality in. Shame he could never seem to exploit it correctly.

But in the same respect, Sylla could have been a great signing, if he had put his heart into the games he could have been a good championship winger, unfortunately he is a lazy koont, but maybe we will get some money for him in the pre season!

Archived