Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tommy

Matty Fryatt

It was great to get back on the scoresheet on Saturday, but it felt even better to come away from Luton Town with a 2-1 win.

Kenilworth Road is never an easy place to go because the fans are on top of the pitch and Luton are a physical side who play the game at a high tempo, but we played very well to further ease our relegation fears.

For the first 20 minutes, in particular, we played some outstanding football and were in control of the game. I scored my goal following a one-on-one with Marlon Beresford after their centre-half Barnett slipped on the ball.

You will put yourself in these situations in training, with a keeper rushing out at you, but when it comes to a game, it's purely instinctive. You should score nine times out of ten and with time on my side on Saturday, I was able to pick my spot and the ball trickled in.

Having gone five games without a goal, I could have been a bit twitchy but I've been playing well, contributing to the overall team play and creating chances, so I was confident a goal would come.

Inevitably Luton came back at us and grabbed an equaliser, but we managed to snatch the win with just a couple of minutes left on the clock. We certainly deserved a point but the three have helped take us that bit further away from the danger zone.

That's now five wins in eight since Rob Kelly took over and he's certainly making a claim for the job on a permanent basis. Whether he wants it or not, I don't know, because he's told us he's just focusing on each game as it comes, but few could argue that he's been great for the boys. His man-management is first class and you can see that we have all responded accordingly.

Next up is another trip south on Saturday, to Millwall. It's a vital game for us because another win will put a nice cushion between ourselves and the teams fighting relegation. If we approach the game like we did at Luton, we'll give ourselves a great chance but Millwall have been playing well of late, so we won't be underestimating them either.

It was great to get back on the scoresheet on Saturday, but it felt even better to come away from Luton Town with a 2-1 win.

Kenilworth Road is never an easy place to go because the fans are on top of the pitch and Luton are a physical side who play the game at a high tempo, but we played very well to further ease our relegation fears.

For the first 20 minutes, in particular, we played some outstanding football and were in control of the game. I scored my goal following a one-on-one with Marlon Beresford after their centre-half Barnett slipped on the ball.

You will put yourself in these situations in training, with a keeper rushing out at you, but when it comes to a game, it's purely instinctive. You should score nine times out of ten and with time on my side on Saturday, I was able to pick my spot and the ball trickled in.

Having gone five games without a goal, I could have been a bit twitchy but I've been playing well, contributing to the overall team play and creating chances, so I was confident a goal would come.

Inevitably Luton came back at us and grabbed an equaliser, but we managed to snatch the win with just a couple of minutes left on the clock. We certainly deserved a point but the three have helped take us that bit further away from the danger zone.

That's now five wins in eight since Rob Kelly took over and he's certainly making a claim for the job on a permanent basis. Whether he wants it or not, I don't know, because he's told us he's just focusing on each game as it comes, but few could argue that he's been great for the boys. His man-management is first class and you can see that we have all responded accordingly.

Next up is another trip south on Saturday, to Millwall. It's a vital game for us because another win will put a nice cushion between ourselves and the teams fighting relegation. If we approach the game like we did at Luton, we'll give ourselves a great chance but Millwall have been playing well of late, so we won't be underestimating them either.

The subtext would be that CL's was not. :huh::unsure::whistle::ph34r:

Archived