Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Levein Interested In Hearts Job

Hearts interest Levein & Tardelli

_41335504_levein203.jpg

Former Hearts manager Craig Levein and ex-Inter Milan coach Marco Tardelli have indicated their interest in becoming the new boss at Tynecastle. Levein told the Daily Mirror: "I'm not ruling anything out.

"If the job comes up at Hearts, the fact that I'm out of work means that speculation about me will be something that happens."

Tardelli told The Sun: "I know all about the Hears project and I think it interests any knowledgeable coach."

Hearts are seeking a replacement for Graham Rix, sacked by owner Vladimir Romanov despite the Edinburgh side sitting second in the Scottish Premier League and in the Scottish Cup semi-finals.

Tardelli, a World Cup winner with Italy in 1982, coached Italy's under-21 team to European Championship success in 1999.

But the 51-year-old lasted less than a season after taking charge at former club Inter Milan in 2000.

Tardelli has also been in charge of Bari, the Egyptian national team and Serie B side Arezzo. "I would welcome any call from Vladimir Romanov, because I see this as an intriguing proposition," said the former Juventus midfielder.

"I have heard of the sackings of Burley and Rix and that coaches can change there quickly.

"But in Italian football that can happen too and it doesn't scare me."

Former Parma and Borussia Dortmund coach Nevio Scala turned down the Hearts job last year before George Burley took command and is thought to have shown interest in the position again.

Burley, who had steered Hearts to the top of the Premier League, left in October over differences with Romanov.

Levein, axed recently by Leicester City, quit Hearts for the English club 15 months ago as Romanov began his quest to take control at Tynecastle.

John Robertson, Burley and Rix have all come and gone in that period and interim head coach Valdas Ivanauskas will lead hearts in their Scottish Cup semi-final against Hibernian at Hampden on Sunday.

Levein has also been linked recently with hometown club Dunfermline Athletic should Jim Leishman decide to step down at the end of the season.

Archived