Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Swedging

The core to keep

Plenty of rumours about who's coming in, for sure. And there'll be some shipped out - welcome or unwelcome - over the summer, no doubt. But who must we keep, to improve? For me, the definites are (as in the five best to keep):

Kisnorbo: been magnificent over the last couple of months. True class.

Paddy Mac: bit too erratic and over-committed as a player, but a great captain and motivator - bringing everyone in to the team,

Williams: can be jaw-droppingly creative

Fryatt and Hume: goes without saying, surely.

And I know this is leaving out Weso ond Stearman...

We've got to keep this squad together, we cannot sell any of our players who have been in the regular 16 as it will affect the way the team plays, the morale and it's another rebuilding job that'll have to take place, if we keep this squad together, we've a good chance of making a better finish than our previous two seasons, and making a better push for promotion the season after.

I think that the task we have this summer is removing the deadwood (Hamill is a prime example for me), try our best to keep our best players at the club (Fryatt, Hume, McCarthy, Stearman, Kisnorbo etc) and improve the squad by finding bargain deals. Not going to be easy.

I think that the task we have this summer is removing the deadwood (Hamill is a prime example for me), try our best to keep our best players at the club (Fryatt, Hume, McCarthy, Stearman, Kisnorbo etc) and improve the squad by finding bargain deals. Not going to be easy.

agree with that,our problem over last few years has been so many players coming in and never keeping a consitant side. kelly has kept the same side for many games since he took over which is good

Archived