Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Random Burglar

Gallas wants out

Gallas won back-to-back Premiership titles with Chelsea

Defender William Gallas has told Chelsea he wants to leave the club.

The Frenchman, 28, moved to Stamford Bridge from Marseille for £6m in 2001 and has proved a stalwart in their back-to-back Premiership titles.

Now Gallas, who claims AC Milan want to sign him, has said: "My decision has been taken and is definitive: I want to leave Chelsea.

"I want another challenge. I've been with Chelsea for five years. I want to experience another league."

Speaking to L'Equipe, Gallas suggested the San Siro was his most likely destination.

"The directors of Milan are interested in me, and I am interested in the idea of going to play over there.

Gallas said his request was "not a question of money" amid reports that he has been unhappy playing at full-back, away from his preferred role at centre-back.

Earlier this month Gallas had given a pointer to the way he was feeling.

"I have been here five years and maybe that's enough. I am a man who wants to win everything and I want to do that in different countries," Gallas said.

The Frenchman, who has made more than 200 appearances for Chelsea in his five years at the club, has one year left on his Stamford Bridge contract.

Fair play to the man, he's ambitious and wants a change. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion. Good player and all, he's given Chelsea value for money and has been there for 5 years so if he wants to go they should let him. They have enough cover as it is and they could easily buy another replacement if needed.

Archived