Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MONreborn

Waste of a career

Walker is a great goalkeeper who had atleast a couple of seasons left in him in the Premier League or Championship.

BUT he has just signed a two year contract with Bolton Reserves, we should have attampted to get him back. :(

Walker wins new two-year contract

Walker was capped four times for England as a Tottenham player

Bolton boss Sam Allardyce has handed goalkeeper Ian Walker a new two-year contract at the Reebok Stadium.

The 34-year-old was kept out by number one Jussi Jaaskelainen all last season but Allardyce has rewarded his "attitude and commitment".

He said: "It has been a tough year for Ian as he has found it difficult to get ahead of Jussi in the starting line-up.

"I've been impressed with him and it's very pleasing he wants to stay rather trying to ply his trade elsewhere."

Walker failed to make a single league appearance for Bolton during the last campaign and has played just five times since arriving from Leicester on a free transfer last summer.

Allardyce has also given fourth-choice goalkeeper Chris Howarth a new contract which will keep him at the club next season.

The Bolton boss also has Oman international Ali Al-Habsi in reserve and is delighted with his strength in depth.

"We now have three top-class goalkeepers and I do not think there is another Premiership club that can compete with us on this level," he said.

What a waste of the end of his career. I suppose sittin on the bench and earning 10 grand a week is too much of an offer to refuse, but he will never play proffesional football over a a whole season again. :(

I read a stat that he is the leading premiership goalkeeper for conceeding goals.

Thats not to say he is a bad keeper. Just that he has played for (ahem) not particularly solid defensive teams.

As I said in another thread, Wayne Henderson (brighton) would be excellent if we could get him in and ship out Rab to a Scottish side!

I read a stat that he is the leading premiership goalkeeper for conceeding goals.

Thats not to say he is a bad keeper. Just that he has played for (ahem) not particularly solid defensive teams.

As I said in another thread, Wayne Henderson (brighton) would be excellent if we could get him in and ship out Rab to a Scottish side!

Was he not on loan from Villa?

Archived