Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

Good feel Disco on the radio last night..

Came back from Cheltenham late last night and on one of the local radio stations they were playing some really good Disco including :-

There It Is - Shalamar

Back To My Roots - Odyssey

I found lovin' - Fatback Band

then they went onto play some classic late 1980s/early 1990s House like :-

LFO by LFO

Voodoo Ray by A Guy Called Gerald

Just remembering that this stuff was all so 'feelgood' and excellent. Anyone else remember music like this??? :cool:

then they went onto play some classic late 1980s/early 1990s House like :-

LFO by LFO

Voodoo Ray by A Guy Called Gerald

Just remembering that this stuff was all so 'feelgood' and excellent. Anyone else remember music like this??? :cool:

Absolutely brilliant records. I got into that sort of stuff by listening to Jeff Young on Friday evenings on R1. I was a bit too young to enjoy the records in the setting for which they were intended, but I've still got loads of home-made C90's with stuff like:

Joe Smooth - Promised Land

Rythim Is Rythim - Strings Of Life

Nightmares on Wax - Aftermath

Turntable Orchestra - You're Gonna Miss Me

etc...

I don't listen to much dance music these days, I just can't get into it and its too easy for people to churn out the same sounding stuff, or worse still, rip of some 80's pop hit and stick a disco beat underneath it. But I bought "Hacienda Classics" last week, and although it sounds naff, its full of brilliant, soulful, feelgood records from 10-20 years back.

Archived