Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Monk

The big boot

In the past I have always been a fan of the 'Steve Walsh' big boot from the left corner of the penalty area down the line to <insert big man here>. However I not longer think this works for us.

In the games I saw under RK last season I felt we played this type of ball up to Hume and Matty F too often, mostly by Nils, and we always seem to lose it as neither are really holding players off this type of ball.

This season I'd like to see more balls on the floor to our strikers and less reliance on Matty F running at defenders who have the ball trying to force them into a mistake. I just dont think its a sustainable style of football.

If anything this season I want to see us less clustered around the ball, more wing play and less bypassing the midfield.

Thoughts?

Gilchrist was my favourite for this. Always the same. The crunching tackle, the cheer from the crowd, the taking a touch and looking up as if about to deliver some Beckenbauer-esque defence-into-attack moment and then the inevitable big hoof up the wing to nobody in particular. I don't think I've ever seen a visiting team try this tactic quite as much as we always do.

Archived