Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Teeno

Key problems

W T F !!

I don’t normally get wound up over stupid posts, but on the content of this one I will make an exception. Sorry mate you are talking CR*P.

I bet you weren’t saying this when RK was saving our bacon from relegation after taking over from “Craig the Tactician†and put a fine string of results together.

It’s only been one game (Yes I know that’s been pointed out in numerous posts since Saturday so I won’t harp on about it) for Christ’s Sake!

Answer me one question though, what would you have said if we had won 2 – 0?

The same as most of us supporters, well done lads, keep it up and let’s have more of the same on Tuesday

You comments are welcomed

We were all grateful for RK turning results around but I was calling loud and clear for changes well before the end of last season because the problems were clear and there were people we might have looked at as possible solutions in certain areas.

But, predictably, because we were winning - albeit it in a spirited but unexciting way - the consensus was, "don't change a winning team", and "stick to the players who've dug us out of the hole".

Result? No progress. Nothing learned. No team development. No serious competition for places.

The best time for development is when you're winning and confident not when everyone's down, nervy and unsure of where the next win's coming from.

We may win tonight but that won't repair a single one of our shortcomings, apart from instilling a bit of confidence in some. It's rather like toothache. Sooner or later the problems have to be dealt with.

With Leicester I'd say treatment will take some time even when it starts and I'm not sure I wouldn't go the whole hog straight away and fine tune afterwards because attacking individuals won't easily fit effectively into a defensive set-up, not on their own.

But then I haven't got the Chosen Men to answer to. They represent a strong and serious collective voice within the club and Kelly probably feels he owes them

With the boss having no money and (convenient) concern about the readiness of youth players, it is not an easy situation for Kelly.

The close season was the time to build a new team, explain its intricacies to the fans and have some sea trials so to speak, but the close season was largely wasted as far as signings, an uplifting strategy, competition for places and genuinely testing matches were concerned.

The competition for places threatened but Kelly made a mockery of that by selecting his pre-conceived team.

Archived