Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Teeno

Key problems

I think it's clear to everyone who watched todays game that there are still many problems that near irradicating before we start improving.

First of all the lack of pace in the team is a massive concern.

Secondly, the lack of width, we can't play with two defenders on the wing. Neither of them are attacking players, right and left mid are areas where you expect most of the service to come form and with Maybes and Tiatto playing in them it wont happen.

The Side has too many defensive players, we had 6 defenders on the pitch today.

Maybury and Tiatto will not work. We looked a lot better when O'Grady and Hammond came on, they looked lively and up for it, but it was too late. I wouldn't be apposed to letting Hammond have another go at right mid, he aint no winger but he'd inject a bit of pace and attacking style, which we badly need.

You're right something needs to be done about Maybury and Tiatto on the wings it just doesn't work and I think Hammond would be a good option seeing as he likes to attack.

Have I missed something - J-Lo is a winger and I'm not aware of him being injured?

No idea what happened with J-Lo, but if he's been overlooked in favour of Tiatto and Maybury then that must be a bit of a kick in the teeth for him and we could've done with real wingers playing today. Also, Hume played right wing for Tranmere a few times didn't he? So we could always try him there and put Hammond up front to see if that livens the team up a bit.

The last time we were this unfit was under Peter Taylor when we got scudded by Bolton on opening day.

This is a disgrace.

Spot on BF i think they have been playing 5-a-sides all summer as a new approach (FA coaching dross, for more information watch England play in tournaments) l wanted to hear that they were at the naval training camp having there nuts worked off,you know the one in Devon that Martin used to send 'em to whilst he scoured the markets for a career to resurrect.

Unfit and not good enough.

Can we all agree that Tiatto played reasonably well today though?

I mean I think he was fine, some of you lot make him sound like he hasnt got a clue but I think he played alright today.

I think most people are judging him on the cock up he made on the free kick.

But I think he was utterly shite though :mad:

He offered nothing to the team as an attacking force

Andy johnson's work rate was poor today, to me it looked as if he couldnt care less if we won, drew or lost the game today. He wasnt trying to win the ball back when he lost it and should have been taken off early on. He has no pace.

Also today proved that maybury cant play right midfeld infact he cant play anywhere hes shit, johansson just cant run, kenton is more of a defensive midfielder, danny tiatto is the worst player in England, Stephen hughes should start in his place, hammond is awful, o grady is a decent sub.

I think it's clear to everyone who watched todays game that there are still many problems that near irradicating before we start improving.

Secondly, the lack of width, we can't play with two defenders on the wing. Neither of them are attacking players, right and left mid are areas where you expect most of the service to come form and with Maybes and Tiatto playing in them it wont happen.

Maybury and Tiatto will not work. We looked a lot better when O'Grady and Hammond came on, they looked lively and up for it, but it was too late. I wouldn't be apposed to letting Hammond have another go at right mid, he aint no winger but he'd inject a bit of pace and attacking style, which we badly need.

His more of a winger than Maybury for sure.

I was listening to Colin Gibson after the match and his major gripe was lack of width as well (I agree also) surly up step Mr. Low? I also agree with many poster’s in saying change half your team for the next game is bad, but surly RK can use this defeat as a lesson and not fall fowl of “Craig the Tactician†syndrome (clueless, no idea of players positions etc) and become blind to the fact what we where lacking in width as pointed out but the supporters and the pundits, made up of former players – my point is. Whole sale changes NO but one or two in the now hi lighted problem areas YES. Sorry Danny and Alan, you are the weakest links GoodBye!

in my opinion, i would say this is the paciest team weve had for a few years. i mean defensivley weve normally had big fairly old guys, eg walsh elliot taggart etc.. but know mcarthy, kisnorbo, kenton, stearman are all fast.

i can agree than in midfield we have no pace, and a problem area is in wide areas, we need 2 fast direct wingers.

And again upfront, hume, fryatt, hammond and cog... they all seem pretty quick to me, compared with strikers we have had in recent years. do i need to name them :ph34r:

we need to let low play why bring in a winger and not play him? surely he cant be any worse plus he is a winger and will surely be able to put some crosses in coz no one else can! like its already been said we have no width and thats what we need! bringing it down the middle just wont work! i feel sorry for hume and fryatt they run around trying to create there own chances when the midfield should be creating it for them and no body was so where are the goals going to come from? williams has improved his heading but he tryed being to clever at times which didnt work! i was really shocked at stearmans performance how did he let himself get caught out so many times?

i dont wanna start moaning already coz its only the first game but hopefully kelly will realise we cant play that many defenders and deffinatly not 2 old defenders as wingers

Spot on Teeno mate.

The lack of pace in the team yesterday was a big concern. Whenever we got the ball and there was a chance of a counter attack it fizzled out 'cos there was no movement what so ever. Like Teeno said when O Grady and Hammond come on we looked alot better. There was a bit more hunger and passion to win the loose ball.

For the Burnley game I'd drop Maybury and put O Grady on the wing , he's fast , strong and holds up the ball very very well. And as for Tiatto I dont know what too say.

But on yesterdays performance we're worse off than we were last season. Johnson did'nt look a patch on Joey :(

Andy johnson's work rate was poor today, to me it looked as if he couldnt care less if we won, drew or lost the game today. He wasnt trying to win the ball back when he lost it and should have been taken off early on. He has no pace.

Also today proved that maybury cant play right midfield infact he cant play anywhere hes shit , johansson just cant run, kenton is more of a defensive midfielder, danny tiatto is the worst player in England, Stephen hughes should start in his place, hammond is awful, o grady is a decent sub.

I disagree he is a good right back I think but your'e obviously not wrong about him on the wing he is sh*t then.

Sound thinking Teeno, particularly about the lack of pace. Watching Derby and Southampton today they both had people who were quick and direct.

Sound thinking Teeno, particularly about the lack of pace. Watching Derby and Southampton today they both had people who were quick and direct.

Yes it was a good game. :D

Although

They have spent about 10 million pounds between them. :rolleyes: they will chase for the play offs this year and we wont, attempting to play like Arsenal on coke setting out a attacking 4-3-3 and including Poter Dodds blah blah or playing 6-2-2 with Mcarthy and Stearmen hoofing and Maybury and Tiatto playing at being wingers it matters not. Whoever was in charge of this team it wouldnt make a blind bit of differnce we have no money are players have a lot to learn and we are not going to assault the top 10.

The problems are clear, and they looked even worse on Saturday several of our suppoused better players played like absloute donkeys. Maybury and Tiatto were pretty poor however Stearmen, Mcarthy, Hume and Nisse we're all absloute sheet. IMO He will field the same team against a Burnley side playing 4-5-1, and we wont break them down, 0-0 draw. He may start to rethink his ideas depending on how the Ipswitch game goes.

we need an ambitious manager with a proven record at a lower or championship level. we have missed out on davies + newell, have to wait for someone else.

W T F !!

I don’t normally get wound up over stupid posts, but on the content of this one I will make an exception. Sorry mate you are talking CR*P.

I bet you weren’t saying this when RK was saving our bacon from relegation after taking over from “Craig the Tactician†and put a fine string of results together.

It’s only been one game (Yes I know that’s been pointed out in numerous posts since Saturday so I won’t harp on about it) for Christ’s Sake!

Answer me one question though, what would you have said if we had won 2 – 0?

The same as most of us supporters, well done lads, keep it up and let’s have more of the same on Tuesday

You comments are welcomed

W T F !!

I don’t normally get wound up over stupid posts, but on the content of this one I will make an exception. Sorry mate you are talking CR*P.

I bet you weren’t saying this when RK was saving our bacon from relegation after taking over from “Craig the Tactician†and put a fine string of results together.

It’s only been one game (Yes I know that’s been pointed out in numerous posts since Saturday so I won’t harp on about it) for Christ’s Sake!

Answer me one question though, what would you have said if we had won 2 – 0?

The same as most of us supporters, well done lads, keep it up and let’s have more of the same on Tuesday

You comments are welcomed

But we didn't, we were abject and people have every right to ask such questions, whether you, me whoever likes it it or not.

I think we're reading too much in to this. Of course it was a dismal performance, but there has been many a occasion where teams have started off badly and gone on to do well.

For example, I remember West Brom losing 4-1 to Walsall a couple of years back, and still went on to win promotion. Now I'm not suggesting we'll do the same, but I feel most are over reacting after just one game.

I'm not denying we have problems with the set up of the team, but we shouldn't make definitive judgements at this stage.

Archived