Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shipman Out

Coach or Manager

I listened to the Phone in on Radio Leicester on Mon and knew what the birch would say "let me tell you the players are down they know they must improve ect ect"

But one thing the Birch did say was that in all the time he has been at the club he has never seen a manager on the training ground day in day out in pre season as much as Rob Kelly has been. (This was said as a good thing).

Who the hell is trying to buy players!!! This is a prime example that RK is a coach, how a coach can play the god awful tactics we have started with is beyond me!

I was always very worried about RK in the transfer market we need someone the wheel and deal to get some quality in, someone on loan, anything. The problems in the squad remained after the summer.

If RK wants to be a coach he needed to get someone in to replace Graydon to handle everything else involved

Get rid of some shite clearing the wage bill and use the youth available to us for squad cover

"Afternoon lads sit down, its a big game today"

"Right boys lets concentrate on what we have been working on all summer, you mobile midfield four you know your jobs? keep it nice and narrow play in a ten yard square if you get in trouble try and get the ball to the forwards, i know there far away but we gotta keep it tight"

"We can keep them shut out for 75 mins and then try and nick a goal, we only need 1 goal to win a game"

"What do you mean what if they score first? hang on let me give my tactical guru a ring.........................

".......Hello Craig............

:thumbup::thumbup: I'm glad it was you said all that. Qualified coaches!. I met so many. And half the time they were so misguided or so contradictory they went round in circles and up their own arses. The problem with coaching theory is that so often it ignores football fact. Give me the MON/Bill Shankly/Brian Clough/Matt Busby approaches any time. Fill your team with players that affect things and make sure they have the confidence to each do their job, not someone else's.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Spot on, watching City under Taylor, Levein and sadly now R.K. is just like watching England in tournaments. The F.A. manuals teach how to set a team up not to lose , but sadly 2 banks of 4 and matching sub-standard players up, man for man (against technique better than ours) is not the way to win. As Martin proved 3 strong lumps at the back 3 competitive midfielders and 2 up front is hard to thread balls through. But it's not in the manuals lads!!

:thumbup::thumbup: I'm glad it was you said all that. Qualified coaches!. I met so many. And half the time they were so misguided or so contradictory they went round in circles and up their own arses. The problem with coaching theory is that so often it ignores football fact. Give me the MON/Bill Shankly/Brian Clough/Matt Busby approaches any time. Fill your team with players that affect things and make sure they have the confidence to each do their job, not someone else's.

Don't go criticising all coaches :angry:

The FA teach people rigid crap that is why the last English manager to win the Premiership was Howard Wilkinson, in 1992 (???).

There are those cooches who broaden their horizons by going to Holland, USA and Brazil.

Sadly though those guys don't get employed because they broke the ranks of the FA teachings.

Agree completely but I don't think I did criticise all coaches, or wish to. But ever since Allen Wade issued his Godforsaken coaching manual we've been inept.

Even at grass roots level you got people chasing coaching badges who hadn't the first idea how to play or demonstrate - which ruled out teaching by example completely. Most still qualified though.

Archived