Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Stowell welcomes selection problems

What a suprise! just happens to be where Levi Porter and Alan Sheehan play.

We scored goals because the hoffing stopped, partly due to the fact that Richard Stearmen was dropped for Darren Kenton. Elvis is just no where near as good a footballer as Hume.

Nils didn't stop hoofing. And since when have you used football as the criteria? If that were the case I shouldn't half the trouble making a case for our young reserves! :whistle::)

Tiatto does blow hot and cold a bit but I'd much rather see him in the team for a big derby game against Cov than an inexperienced youngster like Porter. The Cov game is just too early for Porter in my mind.

It's not just you but I'm starting to lose count of the convenient excuses put forward for not using our best footballers.

He's "a bit young, a bit inexperienced, he's too small, he's only played once, he needs to be blooded slowly, he won't take the cut and thrust".

Bale's at Southampton is 17, players don't get experience without playing, small never hurt Batty and Ball, Porter's only played one cos he's never had the chance to play twice, no-one said Stearman, Weso or Fryatt should be blooded slowly and I've never seen Porter copping out of a challenge so I've no idea where the idea that he wouldn't battle came from.

Tiatto's the one I'd be worried about. He'll probably get booked in the first half hour and put pressure on everyone including himself.

Neither Porter nor any other Academy player would get the chance to play so many indifferent games as some of our senior players and get away with it. I just don't understand the double standards.

I really have never come across another club who have so many fans who are so discouraging of its young players. All I'm asking is for the same selection criteria to apply for everyone. That is, judge them on performance not nebulous theories.

Or is the idea to wreck Porter's confidence in the same way we did Sheehan's? Even Stearman's being rapidly dismissed now he's hit a patch of indifferent form that's not lasted anywhere near as long as Tiatto's or one or two others.

It's not just you but I'm starting to lose count of the convenient excuses put forward for not using our best footballers.

He's "a bit young, a bit inexperienced, he's too small, he's only played once, he needs to be blooded slowly, he won't take the cut and thrust".

Bale's at Southampton is 17, players don't get experience without playing, small never hurt Batty and Ball, Porter's only played one cos he's never had the chance to play twice, no-one said Stearman, Weso or Fryatt should be blooded slowly and I've never seen Porter copping out of a challenge so I've no idea where the idea that he wouldn't battle came from.

Tiatto's the one I'd be worried about. He'll probably get booked in the first half hour and put pressure on everyone including himself.

Neither Porter nor any other Academy player would get the chance to play so many indifferent games as some of our senior players and get away with it. I just don't understand the double standards.

I really have never come across another club who have so many fans who are so discouraging of its young players. All I'm asking is for the same selection criteria to apply for everyone. That is, judge them on performance not nebulous theories.

Or is the idea to wreck Porter's confidence in the same way we did Sheehan's? Even Stearman's being rapidly dismissed now he's hit a patch of indifferent form that's not lasted anywhere near as long as Tiatto's or one or two others.

I wouldn't say our supporters discourage our young players any more so than supporters at any other club.

You only have to look at the rise of James Wesolowski to see that our supporters love to get behind a young player who has come up through the youth academy even if they were born in a country on the other side of the world and not the county itself. Even Richard Stearman was accepted as an important part of the first team last season despite only being 18. I would hazard a guess that Matty Fryatt has become a Leicester City fans' favourite already at the age 20 although he was brought to the club rather than brought up by the club.

One of the main complaints from our supporters after Micky Adams left the club was that he had signed too many older players and we needed more youth involved. We have that now. Tiatto is one of very few senior players still involved with what is a young first team squad.

Judging on performance, I would say Tiatto should play at Coventry if fit because he looked very good during the first half on Saturday. Porter did his job but looking at both players' performances in that match, and that's what I'm judging them both on, Tiatto deserves his place in the starting line-up once again and Porter will have to make do with a place on the bench taking his chance if Tiatto doesn't perform in the match and is substituted.

All I'm asking is for the same selection criteria to apply for everyone. That is, judge them on performance not nebulous theories.

So that's a definite yes for playing Tiatto rather than Porter, then? Given as how he filled that space better than Porter against Ipswich.

So that's a definite yes for playing Tiatto rather than Porter, then? Given as how he filled that space better than Porter against Ipswich.

Well we disagree.

And what about the 15 matches he started before that?

I don't actually like judging players on one match, it's exactly the way to miss out on someone good, but no matter. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

And for what it's worth I hope he has a blinder.

The increased balance probably came in the shape of having an attack minded, willing runner with good stamina in Low. He never stopped going at them. Occassionally lacked quality, but never lacked willing and ALWAYS gave us an option.

I didn't see the game but I do like to see posts like this one. Anyone who is willing to present and challenge in my view is the first in the team sheet. It lifts the performance of others and adds excitement. What are peoples view on Low so far? sounds very promising. By the way, Cant wait. I will be at the WBA game and four games after that so I should get a look at a few of our new signings.

COME ON YOU MIGHTY FOXES

MadMick

I didn't see the game but I do like to see posts like this one. Anyone who is willing to present and challenge in my view is the first in the team sheet. It lifts the performance of others and adds excitement. What are peoples view on Low so far? sounds very promising. By the way, Cant wait. I will be at the WBA game and four games after that so I should get a look at a few of our new signings.

COME ON YOU MIGHTY FOXES

MadMick

I was impressed from the get-go - this lot liked him:

http://www.ntfc.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.ph...567&start=0

They pretty much said when he's hot he's awesome but he has downers also... then again what player doesn't? Excellent attacking midfielder but defense wise is shoddy... we hardly need more defense though so I think he will continue to be a good signing for us!

I wouldn't say our supporters discourage our young players any more so than supporters at any other club.

You only have to look at the rise of James Wesolowski to see that our supporters love to get behind a young player who has come up through the youth academy even if they were born in a country on the other side of the world and not the county itself. Even Richard Stearman was accepted as an important part of the first team last season despite only being 18. I would hazard a guess that Matty Fryatt has become a Leicester City fans' favourite already at the age 20 although he was brought to the club rather than brought up by the club.

One of the main complaints from our supporters after Micky Adams left the club was that he had signed too many older players and we needed more youth involved. We have that now. Tiatto is one of very few senior players still involved with what is a young first team squad.

Judging on performance, I would say Tiatto should play at Coventry if fit because he looked very good during the first half on Saturday. Porter did his job but looking at both players' performances in that match, and that's what I'm judging them both on, Tiatto deserves his place in the starting line-up once again and Porter will have to make do with a place on the bench taking his chance if Tiatto doesn't perform in the match and is substituted.

I didn't say, and certainly didn't mean to imply, that our supporters (collectively) discourage the youth players - I think the majority are supportive - what I tried to say was that I'm amazed at how many (compared to other clubs) seem to be forever knocking them back... at least the ones I've mentioned.

And I reckon half the reason is that they rarely see them play (and that'll be worse now everything's gone behind closed doors).

I'm not anti-Tiatto - I saw him as our only left-sided forward because I viewed Levi as a central midfielder - but one notable performance in 17 starts (and his first winning start in that time) is not enough to put him one-up on Porter for me.

Why?. Not because he cannot play. But because he simply doesn't play the killer passes that Porter does and we've no-one else who seems to do that job.

Tiatto's lasting problem is wear and the main reason I wouldn't have resigned him had nothing to do with effort or skill but my belief that he'll spend too much of his time injured, like last season.

Archived