Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

So what's the verdict?

Henderson, Hammond, Williams and Hughes are not good enough for the first team. Hughes was awful last night as was Hammond. Logan should play against Macclesfield as Henderson is not good enough. As for Williams.............get rid.

I personally think another striker is needed at this club, if not then Dodds should be drafted in.

I thought at times we played some nice football without really being incisive enough in the final third. In particular I thought the whole back four looked solid.

Porter is an obvious talent but his defensive play at times reminded me of Ryan Smith. The only reason he got a chance to block the shot after Hendo's cock up was because he totally misjudged his first attempt at winning it.

Johnson looks solid but clearly has not developed a clear understanding of his team mates yet. Hopefully that will come soon.

Hammond was as ever lacking one part of his game - talent.

Four points from four games is not the best start. but four points from two is a pleasing improvement.

While I don't expect Levi will ever be regarded as a great tackler I think you'll find over time that he's in a different league defensively to Ryan Smith.

He's much more aware and always linking with people to play the ball out of defence. He'll help them immensely not only with his positioning and his covering but with his calling too. He takes responsibility, even relishes it, whereas defence was just a chore to Smith.

I think it was just that both defences played much better than the strikers both teams had enough chances and I think we had the better ones and should have taken all three points.

I cant believe Rob kelly is proud of City! Ok fair enough we never lost and we got a away point!

However we were playing a very poor coventry team who had recently lost their best player and had 2-3 key players injured!

I know its early in the season but 4 games = 4 points is a very poor return!

I think rob is going to have the same problems Craig Levien had. Inconsistent performances week in week out, soon he wont know his strongest team either. This week he started with hammond again.

I just feel we are a team goin no where and suddenly people are happy with a point!

I look at reading today coming back from 2-0 down and winning! fair play they are in the premiership now, but i just dont see city giving that sort of performance even at this level!

I think Kelly is aware that he is having to make do with the best of what he has in terms of assets and resources and despite knowing he has a decent squad, I think he is also aware that we lack that certain cutting edge to be challenging for a playoff spot but he can't do much about it.

I can see where you are coming from but I think times have changed and I would be happy with just progress (top half finish) this season and I don't think getting a point away at Coventry is a disaster in aiming to achieve that.

Point won. I think City's performance (wing and defense especially) was very solid, except for shots from the mid forward that seemed to be ill-aimed, so the strikers couldn't do much with them. Great defense from both sides.

Both teams were unlucky not to score, there were some really close attempts, Whing's free kick (I think this is the one I'm thinking of) had me shitting chickens. If anything it would have been a 1-1 score in the end but the draw pretty much summed up the match.

Archived