Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ash

1st of December

Here's what the dictionary says about Latterly

3 entries found for latterly.

lat·ter ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ltr)

adj.

Being the second of two persons or things mentioned: Between captain and major, the latter is the higher rank. See Usage Note at former2.

Near or nearer to the end: the latter part of the book.

Further advanced in time or sequence; later: a style that has been revived in latter times.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Middle English, later, from Old English lætra. See l- in Indo-European Roots.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

latter·ly adv.

[Download or Buy Now]

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition

Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.

Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

latterly

\Lat"ter*ly\, adv. Lately; of late; recently; at a later, as distinguished from a former, period.

Latterly Milton was short and thick. --Richardson.

Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

latterly

adv : in the recent past; "he was in Paris recently"; "lately the rules have been enforced"; "as late as yesterday she was fine"; "feeling better of late"; "the spelling was first affected, but latterly the meaning also" [syn: recently, late, lately, of late]

Our tree is now sitting proudly in the lounge!!

Only the Crimbo shopping to start now, I've usually finished by now, but this year I've been far too busy. I am girding my loins in preparation for 'Shoppers Rage'.

Archived