Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OzFox311

Patrick "Paddy" Kisnorbo can't wait to play for Aust.

Article From: http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=10505

Leicester's Kisnorbo determined to grab Australia chance

tribalfooball.com - September 05, 2006

After two years in the international football wilderness, Leicester City's Patrick Kisnorbo is finally back in the Socceroos fold.

Selected in the squad for the Asian Cup qualifier against Kuwait in Kuwait City tonight, the young defender's inclusion comes off the back of some impressive performances for his English Championship side, including a goal against in the 3-1 win against Ipswich last month.

But for the 25 year-old, it's been a long journey back to the national team. After choosing to cement his place at his then club Hearts over playing for his country ahead of the 2004 Athens Olympics, he found himself on the outskirts of the Socceroos. For a player facing world class opposition week in, week out, the exclusion was hard to understand.

"When you're playing every week against quality players, it's hard to swallow," Kisnorbo told Australian FourFourTwo prior to his call-up. "I've come up against Henrik Larsson (Celtic), Andrew Johnson (Crystal Palace) and Chris Sutton (Celtic) and I've done really well. It would be great if someone could take notice of that or watch. At least I'd have a chance to prove myself.

"The biggest thing that upset me was that I wasn't even in with a chance. Nobody ever came to see me. Nobody ever called to see my progress or tell me whether I was in the team or not."

Maybe the new-found attention has something to do with the 'Socceroo Clause' written into his contract when he left Hearts for Leicester in the summer of 2005, which compels the midlands side to release him for all Australia games he's selected for. Whatever the reasons, Patrick is just happy to finally be back in the international frame.

"International football is something I've always wanted to get back to," he says with confidence. "It's been on the backburner but I'm determined to do everything I can to bring success to Australia and Leicester."

I am so proud to see that Paddy got selected to play for the Socceroos again as I have really enjoyed him as a player since his Hearts days and I first heard of him. Paddy sounds like a player who will give 100% and is willing to do the hard yards so a player like that in the Socceroos squad is great to have, and I know he will do well in the game tomorrow Morning Aussie Time against Kuwait... :)

I am more proud to see that he got selected as a Leicester fan, as it illustrates that even for a club that isn't big in terms of world football like ours, if you work hard, you can make it, and it will make me proud to know that one of the Foxes is playing for my national team... :)

HERE'S HOPING HE GET some game time, as it would be great to see him on TV.... :cool:

WISHING PADDY ALL THE BEST FOR TONIGHT, GO OUT THERE AND DO AUSTRALIA PROUD... :D :D

Archived