Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Team for Sheffield Wednesday

I see no reason to start with Fryatt because, so far he's offered nothing extra, doesn't look especially fit and I believe Hammond's pace creates more chaos in opposing defences which seems to be reflected in the increased number of goals we score when he plays.

The centre-half situation is a real dilemma cos its so hard to choose between them but I'll stick to my beliefs about passing and give McCarthy a bit more personal recovery time.

So, the team I'd like is:

Logan,

Stearman, McAuley, Kisnorbo, Nils;

Porter, Hughes, Tiatto, Welsh;

Hammond, Hume,

If Porter's not fit I'd sooner go 4-3-3 with Hammond, Hume, Fryatt the front three.

Subs: Henderson, Kenton/Kisnorbo, King, Wesolowski, Fryatt.

Hendo

Kenton

McCarthy

McAuley (Kisnorbo if fit)

Johansson

Sylla

Hughes <_< (Wesolowski if fit)

Tiatto

Welsh

Fryatt

Hume

Thats what I'd like to see ... no Johnson as well :thumbup:

Thats what I'd like to see ... no Johnson as well :thumbup:

Hughes and AJ will play of course. They re Kelly's first choice midfield. Good thing Sheffield arent in form

Defensively we re tops atm, though i m thinking logan isnt as convincing recently. Stearman McAukey McCarthy Nisse

Midfield No comment waste of time because kelly is too inflexible in his thinking. He will play bad crap hope tiatto will more than compensate even though the racist thing will either unsettle him or get him firing really well.

Attack Disagree with thracian. Hammond needs a rest while Fryatt needs a good first half to prove his worth. Though might be a super dream to see all of them in the side at the expense of AJ maybe

But anyways i ll continue dreaming on...Incidentally if Hammond plays i think he will score a nice goal

Hughes and AJ will play of course. They re Kelly's first choice midfield. Good thing Sheffield arent in form

Defensively we re tops atm, though i m thinking logan isnt as convincing recently. Stearman McAukey McCarthy Nisse

Midfield No comment waste of time because kelly is too inflexible in his thinking. He will play bad crap hope tiatto will more than compensate even though the racist thing will either unsettle him or get him firing really well.

Attack Disagree with thracian. Hammond needs a rest while Fryatt needs a good first half to prove his worth. Though might be a super dream to see all of them in the side at the expense of AJ maybe

But anyways i ll continue dreaming on...Incidentally if Hammond plays i think he will score a nice goal

What!!!! Disagree!!!!! Cue vitriolic abuse.

Ah forget it - in some ways I hope he does put Fryattt in - if only to remind people of what happens when Hammond's not there. The trouble with Hammond is he's effective, but an ugly footballer. Kelly's got a team full of em when they're all fit. But Hammond'll never be a crowd favourite whereas with Matty for whatever reason, it's different.

What!!!! Disagree!!!!! Cue vitriolic abuse.

Ah forget it - in some ways I hope he does put Fryattt in - if only to remind people of what happens when Hammond's not there. The trouble with Hammond is he's effective, but an ugly footballer. Kelly's got a team full of em when they're all fit. But Hammond'll never be a crowd favourite whereas with Matty for whatever reason, it's different.

Can you see why after the stoke game, he rarely harried the oppostition except for a few pointless bursts to make the keeper hurry. I personally was quite disgusted with his lack of effort on that night :mad:

Oh Iain Hume,

Oh Iain Hume,

He is a blue,

He is a blue,

Oh Iain Hume he is a blue,

He said f*k off to Sheffield Wednesday,

Oh Iain Hume he is a blue

:D

Slight Mouthful/touge twizzler :ph34r:

My team would be

Logan

Kenton

McCarthy

McAuley/Kisnorbo (if fit)

Nils

Stearman

Hughes/Weso(if fit)

Tiatto

Welsh

Hammond

Hume

Bench: Hendo, Fryatt, Johnson And 2 others

Can you see why after the stoke game, he rarely harried the oppostition except for a few pointless bursts to make the keeper hurry. I personally was quite disgusted with his lack of effort on that night :mad:

I can remember him having a half decent shot on the turn after half-time but overall I doubt he has the faintest idea where to run to right now. If he does make a run Tiatto manages to miss him every time (I'm beginning to wonder why now! :whistle::D:D:D ) and there's no picked out passes from anywhere else.

However, even if I accept Hammond as being as bad as you say, which I don't, Fryatt didn't muster even one shot as I recall, his harrying was instantly forgettable and there were no runs into space to get anyone excited (for the same reasons as Hammond I imagine).

If people were on here making a case for someone who is in form, like Louis Dodds, it might be harder to contest, but I've seen Fryatt several times this season and it's not been impressive. Given the limitations of both right now I'd take the one who's been helping get the results.

I can remember him having a half decent shot on the turn after half-time but overall I doubt he has the faintest idea where to run to right now. If he does make a run Tiatto manages to miss him every time (I'm beginning to wonder why now! :whistle::D:D:D ) and there's no picked out passes from anywhere else.

However, even if I accept Hammond as being as bad as you say, which I don't, Fryatt didn't muster even one shot as I recall, his harrying was instantly forgettable and there were no runs into space to get anyone excited (for the same reasons as Hammond I imagine).

If people were on here making a case for someone who is in form, like Louis Dodds, it might be harder to contest, but I've seen Fryatt several times this season and it's not been impressive. Given the limitations of both right now I'd take the one who's been helping get the results.

In the end thats how its going to be. Hammond needs to be more cutting edge etc in front of goal. He has had a good decent albeit tiring run in the team and has given a lot but even you must admit he s not giving as much as before. Whethere case of being tired or case of getting lazy I d like to think it was the first.

Besides Fryatt is well liked for his contribution last year plus debut goals etc...But as many have rightly pointed out he has not been effective anymore than Hammond. He will be classy when fit.

I'd like to make people realise that we can never win a game (based on performance not luck) where both hughes and AJ control the midfield. AJ's tectum cerebelli is something that needs serious operating by a leeds neurosurgeon.

In the end thats how its going to be. Hammond needs to be more cutting edge etc in front of goal. He has had a good decent albeit tiring run in the team and has given a lot but even you must admit he s not giving as much as before. Whethere case of being tired or case of getting lazy I d like to think it was the first.

Besides Fryatt is well liked for his contribution last year plus debut goals etc...But as many have rightly pointed out he has not been effective anymore than Hammond. He will be classy when fit.

I'd like to make people realise that we can never win a game (based on performance not luck) where both hughes and AJ control the midfield. AJ's tectum cerebelli is something that needs serious operating by a leeds neurosurgeon.

Love that last bit - it's made my night. :thumbup::D:D:D:D

Archived