Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Team for Sheffield Wednesday

Let us now take a break from the speculation about the finances of the club, and look forward to some footballing instead. :thumbup:

Logan

Stearman, McAuley, McCarthy/Kisnorbo, Johansson

Sylla, Hughes, Weso, Tiatto

Hammond, Hume

Subs: Henderson, McCarthy/Kenton, Welsh, Fryatt, Porter

---------------

If Kisnorbo is fit after his knee injury, he should return. If he isn't fit, McCarthy can continue at the back with Kenton on the bench (McCarthy on bench if Kisnorbo fit).

Weso should come in for Johnson, again depending on fitness.

Tiatto will continue on the left, as much as many of us would prefer Welsh or Porter.

Hammond should again start with Hume up front, with Fryatt being introduced around the hour mark again perhaps.

The bench is balanced in favour of more midfield options - we can throw on Welsh or Porter if we need more pace/width on the right and left sides respectively.

If Kisnorbo is fit after his knee injury, he should return. If he isn't fit, McCarthy can continue at the back with Kenton on the bench (McCarthy on bench if Kisnorbo fit).

Weso should come in for Johnson, again depending on fitness.

Tiatto will continue on the left, as much as many of us would prefer Welsh or Porter.

Hammond should again start with Hume up front, with Fryatt being introduced around the hour mark again perhaps.

Personally, I though Paddy Mac had one of his best games for us against Stoke while Kenton looked decidedly shaky. I would definitely have Paddy in with McAuley alongside him (I think Kisnorbo's still injured or at any rate only a possible starter, which means an easier decision between him and McAuley who has been playing well).

I also thought Tiatto played well v Stoke and is generally looking OK. I like Welsh, but think Tiatto's ahead of him on form. Levi has just disappeared (possibly down a crack in the pavement cos he's only ickle).

Fryatt's getting closer to starting, I think, but would probably like to see him back in the starting lineup at home. It won't hurt to keep him on the bench, Elvis will never be a deadly finisher but he is in decent enough form.

If Ric is right then i'll happily switch Kisnorbo for super super McAuley.

:yesyes:

I put McAuley in by default, and selected one of Kisnorbo and Paddy Mac depending on fitness of Kisnorbo.

I think it would be wise to use McCarthy sparingly with the mask on, if possible. But if Kisnorbo is doubtful, we'd have no problem in playing McCarthy in his place - he has proved he is capable of playing with the mask. ;)

If we're going to play Stearman out of position, I think I'd rather he'd go CM than RM - only if Weso is fit enough to start, mind you... I'd prefer Stearman at RB and a proper winger at RM, but I guess that depends on whether you can call Sylla and Low 'proper' wingers. :P

Personally, I though Paddy Mac had one of his best games for us against Stoke while Kenton looked decidedly shaky. I would definitely have Paddy in with McAuley alongside him (I think Kisnorbo's still injured or at any rate only a possible starter, which means an easier decision between him and McAuley who has been playing well).

I also thought Tiatto played well v Stoke and is generally looking OK. I like Welsh, but think Tiatto's ahead of him on form. Levi has just disappeared (possibly down a crack in the pavement cos he's only ickle).

Fryatt's getting closer to starting, I think, but would probably like to see him back in the starting lineup at home. It won't hurt to keep him on the bench, Elvis will never be a deadly finisher but he is in decent enough form.

Exactly. :thumbup:

Agree with you on all three counts. Paddy did play well against Stoke, and I'd have 0 issue with him playing. If Kisnorbo is out injured, then there's no debate - it simply has to be McCarthy/McAuley. :yesyes:

Tiatto has done quite well and should retain his place as he did in my line-up, but we must have left sided options on the bench just incase he gets crocked or we need to change things up a little.

Fryatt is close to a start fitness wise, but I think for the away game he should remain on the bench, coming on for the last 30 minutes again to gain some match fitness - with a view to a start at the next game a week later. ;)

Weso is extremely doubtful, as is Kisnorbo. O'Grady is back in training. No news on Levi still.

Must have been one hell of a 'kick' he got. :ph34r:

As for Kisnorbo, I hope it's not the knee issue he got himself before he joined us... I doubt it since he's just been called up by the Aussies, and you don't call a crock up to the national team (unless your name is Sven). :ph34r:

Indifferent with regards to O'Grady, really - with Fryatt back in contention he's not really in with much of a chance at the minute... and when Dodds returns he can say his goodbyes. :P:ph34r:

---------------------Logan-----------------

stearman-----paddy mc---mcauley-----nils

low or sylla----------tiatto--------welsh

-------------------hume------------

----------hammond----fryatt--------

i`m going on that weso isnt fit by the way!

just think the three in attack would be really good!

was really unsure about right wing, i dont really like sylla and i no low aint be to fab lately!

but if not low or sylla then put kenton at RB and bring stearman into RM

was really unsure about right wing, i dont really like sylla and i no low aint be to fab lately!

Agree with the three up front completely. But i'd try a solid central three with tiatto just behind the other two. I'd have Hume and hammond pushing out wide to create width. Just a thought... :ph34r:

Agree with the three up front completely. But i'd try a solid central three with tiatto just behind the other two. I'd have Hume and hammond pushing out wide to create width. Just a thought... :ph34r:

Same here. I think that might work. Also, what about 3 at the back - we have 3 decent centre backs in McCarthy, Kisnorbo and McAuley. Then could put Tiatto and Stearman as wing backs.

You lot ready for a bashing.

Only joking.

i think its going to be a close game, we at the moment are playing reasonably well, but we are looking suspect at the back.

Should be a close game, and could go either way.

Obviously i am hoping for a Wednesday win, but i think we will lose against you 2-1, we never win 4 home games on the bounce.

Only joking.

i think its going to be a close game, we at the moment are playing reasonably well, but we are looking suspect at the back.

Obviously i am hoping for a Wednesday win, but i think we will lose against you 2-1, we never win 4 home games on the bounce.

you are phuqed...flatter to deceive, weak at the back you say? hmm we're not..I will go for 1-3 all the best!

Only joking.

Seems we're opposites - we're quite solid at the back but a bit suspect going forward.

We might cancel each other out and end up with just a single point each. :(

Thanks for the vote of confidence, though... I'm sure Iain will do his bit in making yours a miserable weekend. ;) (It is Iain Hume there's a link with, isn't it?) :ph34r:

I REALLY LOVE your formation i would love to see it, its really attacking and i can see it working.

maybe we should save it for a easier game...perhaps something more 4-4-2 away to sheff?

Archived