lookwhaticando Posted 30 November 2006 Posted 30 November 2006 I've been toying with the idea of creating a FoxesTalk group on Facebook. What do you, the FoxesTalk facebookers, make of that? Thoughts please!
billabob Posted 30 November 2006 Posted 30 November 2006 I've been toying with the idea of creating a FoxesTalk group on Facebook. What do you, the FoxesTalk facebookers, make of that? Thoughts please! yes yes yes yes yes yes yes, i'll let you be admin, your idea, although im hijacking other admin positions!
lookwhaticando Posted 30 November 2006 Author Posted 30 November 2006 yes yes yes yes yes yes yes, i'll let you be admin, your idea, although im hijacking other admin positions! I went ahead and created one already. Search groups for 'FoxesTalk'
billabob Posted 30 November 2006 Posted 30 November 2006 I went ahead and created one already. Search groups for 'FoxesTalk' you gem you
lcfc_jme Posted 30 November 2006 Posted 30 November 2006 What is this Facebook you speak of? How comes I am not involved? Information please. Thanking you kindly.
lookwhaticando Posted 30 November 2006 Author Posted 30 November 2006 What is this Facebook you speak of? How comes I am not involved? Information please. Thanking you kindly. Social networking site. Bit like Myspace without the 12 year olds... or the 55 year olds trying to pick up the 12 year olds... Started out as a college/university gig but is now open to anyone. You can only see profiles of people either: a) on your network (your college/university mostly) b) your friends list It's quite cool. facebook.com
JoeyB Posted 30 November 2006 Posted 30 November 2006 do i put down as : a company? college? high school? none of the above?
lcfc_jme Posted 30 November 2006 Posted 30 November 2006 Social networking site. Bit like Myspace without the 12 year olds... or the 55 year olds trying to pick up the 12 year olds... Started out as a college/university gig but is now open to anyone. You can only see profiles of people either: a) on your network (your college/university mostly) b) your friends list It's quite cool. facebook.com Right then Ben. You asked for it. I'm coming to join Facebook. Warning you all now. There may be trouble ahead. Watch it.
lookwhaticando Posted 30 November 2006 Author Posted 30 November 2006 FAO Anyone contemplating signing up... turns out, strangely enough, it's for 18 year olds. That's news to me. If you sign up as 'No Network' so it seems.
Alexikokopops Posted 1 December 2006 Posted 1 December 2006 I joined the group, lets see if you can guess who I am.
lookwhaticando Posted 1 December 2006 Author Posted 1 December 2006 I joined, lets see if you can guess who I am. It's so hard when there's a whole 5 people - two of whom I already know.
Samu Posted 17 January 2007 Posted 17 January 2007 Didn't see this thread before, but have just joined the Foxestalk Facebook group. There's not many members though? Also am I right in thinking you have to be 18 to have a Facebook account. I know it was originally for university students but even now I think you might have to be 18 (or at least say you are).
lookwhaticando Posted 17 January 2007 Author Posted 17 January 2007 Didn't see this thread before, but have just joined the Foxestalk Facebook group. There's not many members though? Also am I right in thinking you have to be 18 to have a Facebook account. I know it was originally for university students but even now I think you might have to be 18 (or at least say you are). Yes. Facebook seems to require that you be sensible and mature aged 18. There's not that many members of FT's group... with a large number of FTers being several years too young, that's half the reason. Also, the demographic of Facebook is mostly in the 18-30s sort of age range which also rules out more senior members of the community. The main reason there's not many on the group is the fact that this topic fell from the first page quicky, so perhaps people didn't see it first time around.
davieG Posted 17 January 2007 Posted 17 January 2007 Social networking site. Bit like Myspace without the 12 year olds... or the 55 year olds trying to pick up the 12 year olds... Started out as a college/university gig but is now open to anyone. You can only see profiles of people either: a) on your network (your college/university mostly) b) your friends list It's quite cool. facebook.com That counts me out then!
lookwhaticando Posted 17 January 2007 Author Posted 17 January 2007 That counts me out then! Are you not cool? Or are you 12? Or...?
Samu Posted 17 January 2007 Posted 17 January 2007 Yes. Facebook seems to require that you be sensible and mature aged 18. There's not that many members of FT's group... with a large number of FTers being several years too young, that's half the reason. Also, the demographic of Facebook is mostly in the 18-30s sort of age range which also rules out more senior members of the community. The main reason there's not many on the group is the fact that this topic fell from the first page quicky, so perhaps people didn't see it first time around. Well it's interesting you say that. There's over 350 members in the Worldwide Leicester City Facebook group and surely about half of them have come across this website (you would have thought). It seems that they just don't know about the Foxestalk Facebook group. But now this thread is on page 1 we have a chance to recruit some more people
lookwhaticando Posted 17 January 2007 Author Posted 17 January 2007 Well it's interesting you say that. There's over 350 members in the Worldwide Leicester City Facebook group and surely about half of them have come across this website (you would have thought). It seems that they just don't know about the Foxestalk Facebook group. But now this thread is on page 1 we have a chance to recruit some more people Exactly. I could have gone to the LCFC group and posted about the FT group... but didn't think it would have been appreciated.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.