Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

U18s draw with Coventry

Magunda played centre back alongside Lycett and despite coming off during the second half, I thought he showed that he could be a centre back longer term. Lycett didn't look his normal self. Was coming in for a fair bit of criticism from the bench throughout the match for not holding the line and leading by example at times etc. Cov's second goal was a mistake by Pentney who got strong hands to the shot but the ball seemed to roll past him.

Liked the look of Cov's 'keeper. A confident character who at one point ran out to the touchline to take a quick throw-in to one of his centre backs on the edge of his own area. Not something you'd normally see a 'keeper do. You see a fair number of average or poor 'keepers at Academy level but I can see him making it at Cov. Reminded me a bit of Camp with his sleeves rolled up and constant talk to his defence. Pentney won't make it at Leicester. He's not the only reason the under 18s concede quite a few goals but I don't think he helps a lot of the time. Not vocal enough or much of a presence for me.

Magunda played centre back alongside Lycett and despite coming off during the second half, I thought he showed that he could be a centre back longer term. Lycett didn't look his normal self. Was coming in for a fair bit of criticism from the bench throughout the match for not holding the line and leading by example at times etc. Cov's second goal was a mistake by Pentney who got strong hands to the shot but the ball seemed to roll past him.

Liked the look of Cov's 'keeper. A confident character who at one point ran out to the touchline to take a quick throw-in to one of his centre backs on the edge of his own area. Not something you'd normally see a 'keeper do. You see a fair number of average or poor 'keepers at Academy level but I can see him making it at Cov. Reminded me a bit of Camp with his sleeves rolled up and constant talk to his defence. Pentney won't make it at Leicester. He's not the only reason the under 18s concede quite a few goals but I don't think he helps a lot of the time. Not vocal enough or much of a presence for me.

So does the team have a mini crisis JBF?.

So does the team have a mini crisis JBF?.

No, they've never been an extremely solid side defensively. The attitude has been "we'll score one more than you" on a fair few occasions and it has sometimes ended up being more than one. The defence has looked more shaky than normal recently though which hasn't helped.

Archived