Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jonesy_rules

Any advice

Hi, was just wondering if there is any advice people could offer me, whom have been to an interview in the past for University!

I've got mine on Wednesday, for my first choice uni, i'm kinda shitting it at the mo. so far, i've got some info on the uni, the course, about teaching (my chosen course) & why i want to become a teacher!

However any tips or other info you may think i'll need would be hughly appreciated!

PS. Is it wise to wear a shirt, and black trousers?

i didnt go for an interview but we got lots of advice for interviews from school. But just be you and tell dont hold back on why you want to be a teacher, pour your heart out, it may only happen once and be your only chance so make the most of it.

Dress smarty! it should matter too much but look smart

Hi, was just wondering if there is any advice people could offer me, whom have been to an interview in the past for University!

I've got mine on Wednesday, for my first choice uni, i'm kinda shitting it at the mo. so far, i've got some info on the uni, the course, about teaching (my chosen course) & why i want to become a teacher!

However any tips or other info you may think i'll need would be hughly appreciated!

55636[/snapback]

Look smart, try not to be too nervous (or come across as too cocky) when given the opportunity to talk - sell yourself and be enthusiastic about why you want to teach etc - it worked for me - Good Luck!!!! :thumbup:

55636[/snapback]

Look smart, try not to be too nervous (or come across as too cocky) when given the opportunity to talk - sell yourself and be enthusiastic about why you want to teach etc - it worked for me - Good Luck!!!! :thumbup:

55638[/snapback]

Enthusiasm is the key here I think! lol

Katy_lcfc: You a teacher? Training to become a teacher? or just the advice you gave is from your interview for a different course!

55641[/snapback]

I wanted to be a teacher and very nearly went to Scarborough but ended up doing nurse training instead, the interviews were very similar though :)

Ha, I didn't get a single interview for my Unis when I applied :)

Apart from Warwick, but tht wasn't an interview really, they just say they're gonna give you one so you come, and then it turns out it's just an "informal chat".

That was pretty annoying, since I'd been to Warwick Uni about a bajillion times before then.

The closest I came to an interview was talking briefly over the phone with the course leader. It was very informal and relaxed. I think it's better that way, you get to know what you're really like then.

Archived