Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rincewind

PC game problem

bought 3 pc games for £10 from Game the other day. Two are multigame and work ok the third is a Sold Out game; Hotel Giant which I am having installation/loading problems. After installimg when opening the screen changes then minimises and I am left with a black screen. I have installed the latest direct x and am in the process of emailing them. before I do I need the following information

graphics card

memory

processor

being a numbskull where pc tech is concerned I need to know where to get this info.

Most of the things included on the CD I already have. I was wondering If my firewal or blockers are anything to to with it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Try this,

1. Right click the game shortcut.

2.Select Properties.

3.Click the Compatibility tab.

4.Check the box beside Run this program in compatibility mode for, and then select your old operating system. Click OK

To get you system info just right click my computer and select properties.

Did you also update the Graphics card drivers aswell as direct x?

I think I know what the problem is. One of the requirements is 24xC D-ROM/DVD-ROM drive

If that means I need a DVD drive I don't have one. Fount this in the online manual. :D:D

All it has on the cover is XP (ticked) Ram 64mb input mouse/keyboard sound directx 6-0 compatable.

I've looked at the small print now to find the micro print.

Anyone want to buy it off me? I suppose I could put it on ebay but I've olways been a buyer and never sold anything. I only want about £3 for it as I got 3 for £10 postage wouldn't be much and I've also printed off the first 4 pages of the manual which I'll throw in for free. :D

Archived