Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Geo V

UFC and CAGE RAGE

Im not too sure if started this thread in the sport scetion is acurate but I will anyway lol.

Are there any fans of Mixed Martial Arts out there(MMA)?? Ultimate Fight Championships (UFC) is overtaking boxing in the states now and is huge business. England has its own version called Cage Rage and one of my best mates fights on there. MMA events are usually set in a cage (no place to run lol) and the fighters are allowed to punch, kick and wrestle but its much more civilized than it used to be as you can elbow in the face or punch on the back of the head as you used to when events like Pride were in full force. You get some seriously tough dudes fighting on these bills and you usually get value for your money as you get about 10 fights on any one card and some of the action is explosive.

The best without doubt is the American franchise UFC and they come to England on the first time to fight in Manchester on the 21st of this month. Its caused outrage in England as the date they have chosen clashes with the latest Cage Rage event. It was done on purpose to ruin Cage Rages numbers but it wont as they have loyal fans. These arent samll events either as CR sells out Wembley Areana`s 8500 seats and having been to some events they are really noisy, just like the old filbo lol!

Does anyone else watch this stuff as its huge these days? BTW, a deal between CR and Sky was struck last month which will now show the CR events live on Sky (not pay per view I dont think). The fighters arent as good as the ones on UFC as they pay big money but the event is gaining momentum and getting stronger.

I suggest you Youtube UFC or Cage Rage to see what its all about!

I love UFC, it's fooking brilliant entertainment lol! I believe it comes on Bravo most nights?? A fight until one man is unable to continue or gives up (provided it doesn't go to the judges :angry: ). Quality stuff.

Chuck Liddell. :cool:

I love UFC, it's fooking brilliant entertainment lol! I believe it comes on Bravo most nights?? A fight until one man is unable to continue or gives up (provided it doesn't go to the judges :angry: ). Quality stuff.

Chuck Liddell. :cool:

Yeah Chuck is quality alright.

The sport will be huge in a coupld of years as its what most fans want, action packed! Usually 3 five minute rounds which takes some getting. They fighters are warriors who dont go running away cowering like some of the boxers.

BTW how shite is boxing these days, especially the heavyweights??!

Yeah Chuck is quality alright.

The sport will be huge in a coupld of years as its what most fans want, action packed! Usually 3 five minute rounds which takes some getting. They fighters are warriors who dont go running away cowering like some of the boxers.

BTW how shite is boxing these days, especially the heavyweights??!

They don't go running simply because they know there's nowhere to run and if they don't stand and fight, the ref isn't going to step in for them - they're going to take an absolute pasting!!

Boxing is poor these days. The heavyweight division is dominated by that Russian bloke and there's nobody around who is near-capable of beating him. I'll be watching Calzaghe this weekend, but I'm not expecting any fireworks.

Archived