Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Geo V

Academy suffer loss at Reading

I dont know whether its been covered and cant see it on the OS but accordiing to a local paper, Reading beat our kids 1-0. It makes little difference in the table but lets hope one or two of the lads were rested in preparation for being included in our final first team game against Wolves.

http://icberkshire.icnetwork.co.uk/0275rea...-name_page.html

Moral victory

ROYALS u18s claimed a 1-0 win - and a moral victory - over Leicester City on the final day of the FA Premier Academy League season.

Eamon Dolann's youngsters had already conceded the title to the Foxes before Saturday's topof-the-table clash.

But they secured the bragging rights last weekend thanks to a Nicholas Bignall goal on 61 minutes.

It ended an outstanding season for the u18s who claimed 20 wins from 28 games including victories over Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea.

They also progressed to the fifth round of the FA Youth Cup where they lost 1-0 to eventual winners, Liverpool.

Reading: McCarthy, Spence, Kelly, Cox, Kamdjo, Webb, Hateley, Bayley (Karacan 57), Robson-Kanu, Bignall (Downes 74), Illugason (Bozanic 49). Subs not used: Kitteridge, Bossman.

I dont know whether its been covered and cant see it on the OS but accordiing to a local paper, Reading beat our kids 1-0. It makes little difference in the table but lets hope one or two of the lads were rested in preparation for being included in our final first team game against Wolves.

http://icberkshire.icnetwork.co.uk/0275rea...-name_page.html

Moral victory

ROYALS u18s claimed a 1-0 win - and a moral victory - over Leicester City on the final day of the FA Premier Academy League season.

Eamon Dolann's youngsters had already conceded the title to the Foxes before Saturday's topof-the-table clash.

But they secured the bragging rights last weekend thanks to a Nicholas Bignall goal on 61 minutes.

It ended an outstanding season for the u18s who claimed 20 wins from 28 games including victories over Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea.

They also progressed to the fifth round of the FA Youth Cup where they lost 1-0 to eventual winners, Liverpool.

Reading: McCarthy, Spence, Kelly, Cox, Kamdjo, Webb, Hateley, Bayley (Karacan 57), Robson-Kanu, Bignall (Downes 74), Illugason (Bozanic 49). Subs not used: Kitteridge, Bossman.

Reading are a good side and have had an excellent season. But I don't know when anyone got the bragging rights for losing a title and winning a game of no consequence. Leicester won the match that really counted earlier in the season by 3-1.

Reading are a good side and have had an excellent season. But I don't know when anyone got the bragging rights for losing a title and winning a game of no consequence. Leicester won the match that really counted earlier in the season by 3-1.

where can i have a butchers at leicesters academy team then? wanna check out some future internationals :thumbup:

where can i have a butchers at leicesters academy team then? wanna check out some future internationals :thumbup:

You've just about missed it for this season - apart from our play-off fixture against Arsenal, arrangements for which may or may not be kept mum.

Reserves matches are already played in secret and it gets harder to watch Academy matches because midwinter games seem to be postponed at the first sign of damp and the re-arranged games go ahead unannounced.

You've just about missed it for this season - apart from our play-off fixture against Arsenal, arrangements for which may or may not be kept mum.

Reserves matches are already played in secret and it gets harder to watch Academy matches because midwinter games seem to be postponed at the first sign of damp and the re-arranged games go ahead unannounced.

o.k cheerz why the hell are reserve matches secret i didn't know that, but from what ive read they'll be playing them at the legendary hinckleys marstons stadium next season which i live near so i'll send the smoke signals when they arrive ha ha

o.k cheerz why the hell are reserve matches secret i didn't know that, but from what ive read they'll be playing them at the legendary hinckleys marstons stadium next season which i live near so i'll send the smoke signals when they arrive ha ha

I hope you're right.

I didnt realise the rserve games were secret, I just assumed they werent heavily advertsised due to us not being in a reserve league?? These behind close door friendlies keep popping up all over the place but there is no normal fixture list. Lets hope they get it right next season so we can have some structure at that level once again.

Archived