Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Moreton

Cort and Kaebi to the rescue

I think that the current low morale and somewhat disappointing start to the season at Leicester city will be dealt with by the eagerly awaited return of hitman Carl Cort and Iranian wonder Hossein Kaebi as for me these were amongst the `big' signings of the summer and when these two are fit again we will be getting the results we foxes fans want to see

What you'll think? :dunno:

They have become the forgotten men almost. They both were relatively big signings and players like this should be featuring in the first 16 at least so yes, when they are finally available they should help us move onwards.

Im not convinced that morale is that low to be honest. An away win in the cup against a side who had won their first game of the season away from home, a draw against Palace thanks to getting robbed in injury time and they too had won their opening game away from home and an opening day loss against Blackpool where we created over 20 chances. Its only the small percentage of moaners who are making it seem all doom and gloom because others seem to latch on.

Well, starting with Cort, he's a decent Championship player nothing more and nothing less but very injury prone, however he's a better player than MDV and for that reason is likley to help us up front.

Going on to Kaebi, there seems to be plenty of potential there but beyond that we just dont know... and its pointless saying anything else, other than, as with Cort, its likley that he'll improve on the player we currently have fulfilling the role he's best suited to (in this case Newton on the right).

Overall i wouldnt pin massive hopes on either, in terms of players i think everyone it's a lack of creativity in the middle and balance on the left that's hurt us... but those areas will be sorted IMHO, and the most important thing is that I'm not sure we need "rescuing" to be honest, its not as though we're in trouble, had a good overall game against a strong Palace side, were unlucky against a well organised Blackpool and we had a shaky win against what should have been weak oponents in the cup, a mixed bag, but hardly a situation that means we need rescuing! :blink:

I'm still itching to see Kaebi start. From what I've heard it sounds like he'll be decent.

As for Cort, I think he'll be a major flop. Not bothered at all about seeing him to be honest.

I`d like him to be fighting fit just to give our attack a different option. I know MDV is playing OK and is a big lad himself but he is not an old school striker like Cort who is a good header of the ball and would at least give us options, especially as it seems if we believe the rumours that MF has played his last game for the club.

Archived