Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

M1 not the place to "wear" a bonnet

But that's what basically happened this morning when a huge gust of wind got under my bonnet catch and lifted the bonnet with such force it was forced flat against my windscreen

Doing 70mph on the M1 with artics pounding the tarmac behind you is not the place to try driving blind and, with the road packed, it struck me straight away what a catastrophe there'd be if the much twisted bonnet severed completely and hurtled off down the motorway behind me.

Fortunately I was in the inside lane preparing to turn off but a quick flick of the hazard light and a gentle glide to a halt on the hard shoulder leaves you with three particular feelings...

You're glad you're still in one piece, you're mightily relieved that you've not caused havoc and you don't half feel a prat sitting in a car with the windscreen obscured by a blue metal bonnet.

Fortunately I always carry elastic and ordinary rope and so I was fairly soon on my way again - but well realising the lesson of the day that you should never take life for granted.

what car were you driving ?

if your car is a renault clio , there is indeed a major fault :blink:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/consumer/tv_and_radio..._20070123.shtml

Archived