Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

Xbox Live Help

I've been meaning to get this up and running for a while now.

First of all- I use wireless internet, my Xbox 360 is upstairs, and the router is in the room below.

I've heard there is a way of getting Live up and running without the need of an adapter using ICS through my laptop. When testing my Live connection it recognises that I am "wired" but then the IP address fails.

I've allowed other network users to connect through my computer's internet connection in the network settings which I was told would do the trick. It didn't.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

First of all- I use wireless internet, my Xbox 360 is upstairs, and the router is in the room below.

I've heard there is a way of getting Live up and running without the need of an adapter using ICS through my laptop. When testing my Live connection it recognises that I am "wired" but then the IP address fails.

I've allowed other network users to connect through my computer's internet connection in the network settings which I was told would do the trick. It didn't.

A similar thing happened with me not that long ago, I was on the phone to this biatch for a good 30 minutes before she suggested that I click 'run' on Windows and then type 'CMD' in the 'run' bit and then type IP Address so it pops up with your IP address and then you have to enter the IP address manually into the Xbox.

Probably not right but...

I tried a similar thing, i got what was basically an eguide off ebay of how to set it all up properly.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, it turns out my laptop is a rare one that has a certain setting which means i cant do it this way.

Perhaps yours is the same. Just a thought.

Archived