Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sparky

british lions squad named

i think woodward has made the right choice in picking brian o driscoll as captain.

good to see 8 tigers in there to, but wilko left out until he can prove his fitness :ermm:

Squad: I Balshaw (England and Leeds), G Murphy (Ireland and Leinster), J Robinson (England and Sale Sharks), G Thomas (Wales and Toulouse), S Williams (Wales and Neath-Swansea Ospreys), J Lewsey (England and Wasps), S Horgan (Ireland and Leinster), D Hickie (Ireland and Leinster), T Shanklin (Wales and Cardiff Blues), B O'Driscoll (Ireland and Leinster, capt), G Henson (Wales and Neath-Swansea Ospreys), O Smith (England and Leicester), G D'Arcy (Ireland and Leinster), W Greenwood (England and Harlequins), S Jones (Wales and Clermont Auvergne), R O'Gara (Ireland and Munster), C Hodgson (England and Sale Sharks), M Dawson (England and Wasps), D Peel (Wales and Llanelli Scarlets), G Cooper (Wales and Newport Gwent Dragons), C Cusiter (Scotland and Borders), G Rowntree (England and Leicester), A Sheridan (England and Sale Sharks), M Stevens (England and Bath), G Jenkins (Wales and Cardiff Blues), J White (England and Leicester), J Hayes (Ireland and Munster), G Bulloch (Scotland and Glasgow), S Thompson (England and Northampton), A Titterrell (England and Sale Sharks), S Byrne (Ireland and Leinster), D Grewcock (England and Bath), B Kay (England and Leicester), M O'Kelly (Ireland and Leinster), D O'Callaghan (Ireland and Munster), P O'Connell (Ireland and Munster), M Owen (Wales and Newport Gwent Dragons), R Hill (England and Saracens), N Back (England and Leicester), M Williams (Wales and Cardiff Blues), L Moody (England and Leicester), S Taylor (Scotland and Edinburgh), M Corry (England and Leicester), L Dallaglio (England and Wasps).

i think goode defenatlty should have gone but im not sure about ellis , i wasnt that impressed with ellis during the 6 nations and surely dwayne peel will be 1st choice scrum half . this would be my first 15

15-robinson

14-lewsey

13-o driscoll©

12- darcy

11- shane williams

10- wilkinson/ s jones

9- peel

1- rowntree

2-byrne

3- white

4- o connell

5- kay

6-hill

7 - back

8 - corry

but wilko left out until he can prove his fitness  :ermm:

91491[/snapback]

I'm not surprised to be honest; he's been really unlucky with injuries, but if I was choosing, I'd much rather have a fully fit squad to choose from, than risk any more injuries on Wilkinson. Having said that, if he can prove his fitness, he'll no doubt be a significant factor in this tour.

i think woodward has made the right choice in picking brian o driscoll as captain.

good to see 8 tigers in there to, but wilko left out until he can prove his fitness  :ermm:

Squad: I Balshaw (England and Leeds), G Murphy (Ireland and Leinster), J Robinson (England and Sale Sharks), G Thomas (Wales and Toulouse), S Williams (Wales and Neath-Swansea Ospreys), J Lewsey (England and Wasps), S Horgan (Ireland and Leinster), D Hickie (Ireland and Leinster), T Shanklin (Wales and Cardiff Blues), B O'Driscoll (Ireland and Leinster, capt), G Henson (Wales and Neath-Swansea Ospreys), O Smith (England and Leicester), G D'Arcy (Ireland and Leinster), W Greenwood (England and Harlequins), S Jones (Wales and Clermont Auvergne), R O'Gara (Ireland and Munster), C Hodgson (England and Sale Sharks), M Dawson (England and Wasps), D Peel (Wales and Llanelli Scarlets), G Cooper (Wales and Newport Gwent Dragons), C Cusiter (Scotland and Borders), G Rowntree (England and Leicester), A Sheridan (England and Sale Sharks), M Stevens (England and Bath), G Jenkins (Wales and Cardiff Blues), J White (England and Leicester), J Hayes (Ireland and Munster), G Bulloch (Scotland and Glasgow), S Thompson (England and Northampton), A Titterrell (England and Sale Sharks), S Byrne (Ireland and Leinster), D Grewcock (England and Bath), B Kay (England and Leicester), M O'Kelly (Ireland and Leinster), D O'Callaghan (Ireland and Munster), P O'Connell (Ireland and Munster), M Owen (Wales and Newport Gwent Dragons), R Hill (England and Saracens), N Back (England and Leicester), M Williams (Wales and Cardiff Blues), L Moody (England and Leicester), S Taylor (Scotland and Edinburgh), M Corry (England and Leicester), L Dallaglio (England and Wasps).

91491[/snapback]

Don't you mean Leicester and Ireland

I'm in English and all but it's good to see lots of Welsh rugby boys in there. Atleast they haven't gone with all the well known players that haven't been performing and going with players that have been doing well :D TAKE NOTE SVEN!

good to see 8 tigers in there to, but wilko left out until he can prove his fitness   :ermm:

91491[/snapback]

Don't you mean Leicester and Ireland

91542[/snapback]

i just copied it of ssn . their fault not mine :o

i think goode defenatlty should have gone but im not sure about ellis , i wasnt that impressed with ellis during the 6 nations and surely dwayne peel will be 1st choice scrum half . this would be my first 15

15-robinson

14-lewsey

13-o driscoll©

12- darcy

11- shane williams

10- wilkinson/ s jones

9- peel

1- rowntree

2-byrne

3- white

4- o connell

5- kay

6-hill

7 - back

8 - corry

91522[/snapback]

i agree goode is better than hodgeson but after he didnt play in the 6 nations he was never going to go on the tour. if ellis had gone he would never have got into the team, hes too inexperience and hot-headed and not the man to defeat the all blacks. id go:

1- jenkins

2- byrne

3- white

4- oconnell

5- kay

6- dallaglio

7- williams

8- corry

9- peel

10- wilkinson if not then jones

11- lewsey

12- henson

13- odriscoll

14- robinson

15- thomas

back 3 are very interchangeable

yeah , i think his big attrobute is that he can play wing or full back , i think cueto hasnt been picked as he isnt versatile enough to move inside to full back or centre

I would go with:

1- Rowntree

2- Byrne

3- White

4- O' Connell

5- Kay

6- Moody

7- Back

8- Corry

9- Peel

10- Jones

11- Lewsey

12- Henson

13- O' Driscoll

14- Robinson

15- Murphy

That team would beat the all blacks easy! :banana:

its interesting to see who he plays at centre to partner o driscoll , gavin henson is probably ahead at the moment but on his day darcy is awesome

its interesting to see who he plays at centre to partner o driscoll , gavin henson is probably ahead at the moment but on his day darcy is awesome

91656[/snapback]

its the fact that henson gives an extra kicking option that will probably give him the edge. As for Lewis Moody as good as he is i don't think he's the man to stop Richie McCaw.

91656[/snapback]

its the fact that henson gives an extra kicking option that will probably give him the edge. As for Lewis Moody as good as he is i don't think he's the man to stop Richie McCaw.

91669[/snapback]

i think lewis moody should be given the chance, as dallaglio has been poor all season. Moody has been outstanding however, and should be in that starting line up to face NZ in the first test

Harry Ellis is in the squad, it was on sky sports news and experts were saying how happy they were he and Olly Smith were picked.

But on the sky sports site it has the same line up as the one sparky posted!

I guess we'll have to wait and see?

Archived