Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
C-man

4th Champions League spot

Who will claim the 4th champions league spot  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who will claim the 4th champions league spot

• Everton
    • Bolton
    • Liverpool
    • Middlesborough
    • Spurs

see ur point anish but the rules also state that the holders qualify

100371[/snapback]

On the champions league website i can't find anywhere where it says the holders have to be in the competition the next year.

'The UEFA Champions League is open to each national association's domestic champions, as well as clubs who finish just behind them in the domestic championship table. The number of clubs that can be entered by an association and their entry point in the competition depends on the association's position in UEFA's coefficient ranking list.'

So the F.A. don't have to choose Liverpool if they win it, but my guess is they would.

100371[/snapback]

On the champions league website i can't find anywhere where it says the holders have to be in the competition the next year.

'The UEFA Champions League is open to each national association's domestic champions, as well as clubs who finish just behind them in the domestic championship table. The number of clubs that can be entered by an association and their entry point in the competition depends on the association's position in UEFA's coefficient ranking list.'

So the F.A. don't have to choose Liverpool if they win it, but my guess is they would.

100748[/snapback]

I bet you they dont, if the situation arose they'd Choose Everton

i hope everton get it - it would be good to break the mould

100955[/snapback]

Certainly would.

Always like to see the lesser fancied teams doing well (unless it's Forest, Derby...etc etc.)

100371[/snapback]

No they don't. The holder's do not automatically qualify. I heard a UEFA spokesperson on the radio stating that it was up to the English FA who they put forward for entry into the Campions League.

The four places should go to the top four teams, end of story.

:)

From the BBC Sport website:

Uefa president Lennart Johansson has said five English teams could compete in next season's Champions League.

Johansson told Five Live's Sportsweek programme Liverpool could enter if they win the tournament but finish outside the top four in the Premiership.

"If there is a possibility to make an exception for the winner of the Champions League then there could be an additional place," said Johansson.

"The door is always open. We are there to serve football, not just dictate."

Puts an interesting spin on things. Do you think it wil happen?

Archived